• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Which ford have you owned the longest?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I've owned over 80 vehicles, only one non-Ford since 1975. I pulled my Mustang out of the barn where it sat since 1983 on August 16, 1990 at 75,281 miles. Covered with dust and barely running. I still have it and it shows 56,000 now because I used to drive it about 5,000 miles each summer, including commuting to work and 90 miles each way to New England dragway several times a year.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
My blue 2000 Ranger, XLT, extended cab, 2wd, 5-speed, 3.0 is my longest owned. Also the only vehicle I’ve bought new so far. It was my first vehicle, I was working concrete construction back then and had money. Unfortunately I was also a dumb kid and it got wrecked. I still have it, has like 60k on it and it’s still wrecked.

Bought my 88 Bronco II Eddie Bauer off a former member on here back in like 2002. Fixed it up some, drove it for like 2 months then it ate a couple valves. Started a 4.0 swap that never got completed and then I started a resto-mod project to it a few years back that also didn’t get completed.

I want to say my 89 Bronco II Choptop was next, I originally bought it for parts off a former member on here (Sherrodwannabeb2, AKA Farva). Body was in good shape so I ended up doing a 4x4 swap, lifted it, and eventually a 4.0 swap.

Somewhere around there I bought an 86 B2 for parts from another former member on here and ended up stripping it for parts, most of which went into my Choptop for the 4x4 swap.

Bought an 89 Bronco II Eddie Bauer when I was at college, fixed it up some and ran it a couple years as a campus beater then sold it to a professor for his son. Wish I would have kept it.

Also bought and stripped I think it was an 87 Bronco II that was wrecked during my college time.

My 95 F-150 was bought to replace my blue Ranger when it got totaled.

My 00 Green Ranger was bought because I needed an automatic transmission to drive after my hip surgery and my 88 is the only other automatic in the bunch at the time.

Bought my 94 F-350 dump off my dad, heads need new valve guides and it needs a little more fixing up yet.

92 Ranger was given to me in partial exchange for doing a little electrical work. I was supposed to help a kid fix it up and sell it to him for his first vehicle but he ghosted on that. My 00 green Ranger was down at the time so I dug into my parts piles and whipped up a fix. Then it slagged a piston so I threw another engine in it and did some transmission work only to have it totaled about a month later. I bought it back from insurance because all my parts were still good.

Bought and stripped an Explorer as a donor for the V-8 swap in my green Ranger.

Also ended up being given a 97 Explorer Eddie Bauer that didn’t run (fuel pump is apparently shot). I was originally going to use it for my donor but it’s a less than ideal swap donor for a 2000 Ranger and it turns out it’s virtually rust free, so it may end up getting fixed up.

And in related things, my 89 Bayliner 17’ boat actually has a Ford 2.3 motor (Bayliner calls it something else, but when you lift the engine cover, the valve cover right on top has Ford embossed in it). I also have a 1950 Ferguson TO-20 tractor which is closely related to the Ford 8N, 9N, 2N tractors. The Ferguson and Ford tractors were the first to feature a 3-point hitch, which at the time was called the “Ferguson System”

I also ended up with a 14’ GMC box truck which I was working on converting to an enclosed trailer, which is about all a GMC is good for, something to drag behind a Ford…

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’ve had my ‘00 mustang since ‘14. Almost 10 years. Funny enough, probably the vehicle I put the least amount of miles on. Probably less the 50k.
I daily drive it for a few years, but it was pretty well clapped when I got it, so it was my backup for a long time.
Been sitting in my garage since ‘20 slowly getting rebuilt.

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I bought my new 1975 Ford Ranchero GT in the spring of 1976 when stationed at Aberdeen, MD. 47 years and 266,000 miles later, I still own it.

ranchero.jpg

Last edited:

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does it have to be running?

Parked:
'68 Mercury F-100 4x4 - been in family since new, was my 1st vehicle at 16. Sadly hasn't run in couple decades (and so is about to be scrapped - someone/thing caved cab in so no longer worth restoring)
'99 Ranger SuperCab 4x4 - had for 10 years but motor's blown. I have replacement motor in garage, just need time and ambition.

Runners:
'99 Ranger Splash - my son's daily driver, but it was special ordered by me, so has been in family since new, and I'll get it back at some point (24 years and counting)​
2nd would be '11 Escape that was my wife's then oldest daughters, sold this summer to youngest daughter's ex-boyfriend (12 years)​
'17 F-150 which just turned 6.​
20+ RBV (most of which were flipped within 30 days), '76 Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt, '78 Dodge Omni (VW engine/transmission), '88 S-10 Pickup and '89 and '04 S-10 Blazers; Wife had '82 Mustang and '05 Winstar.

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Does it have to be running?

Parked:
'68 Mercury F-100 4x4 - been in family since new, was my 1st vehicle at 16. Sadly hasn't run in couple decades (and so is about to be scrapped - someone/thing caved cab in so no longer worth restoring)
'99 Ranger SuperCab 4x4 - had for 10 years but motor's blown. I have replacement motor in garage, just need time and ambition.

Runners:
'99 Ranger Splash - my son's daily driver, but it was special ordered by me, so has been in family since new, and I'll get it back at some point (24 years and counting)​
2nd would be '11 Escape that was my wife's then oldest daughters, sold this summer to youngest daughter's ex-boyfriend (12 years)​
'17 F-150 which just turned 6.​
20+ RBV (most of which were flipped within 30 days), '76 Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt, '78 Dodge Omni (VW engine/transmission), '88 S-10 Pickup and '89 and '04 S-10 Blazers; Wife had '82 Mustang and '05 Winstar.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
you may want to advertise any good parts from your 68 F100, those parts are scarce & could mean some money in your pocket

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What constitutes ownership? Any requirements regarding usability or condition?

My dad acquired my 84 Ranger in the late 80s. Was passed around the family for years, but it was given to me aound 2000 by my grandmother intended as my 16th b-day present. I totaled itr in 2009, but technically still own it and it's in the back yard. So been in the family for around 35 year and mine for about 23, but was only on the road as mine for about 9.

The 1998 Ranger was the first vehile I purchased myself. Bought in 2005. Still driving it to this day. Thought about getting rid of it a bunch of time, but never happens and I don't think its going to. So 18 years for that one at this point. I think it's soon to undergo some major alterations to start into its second life.

My dad acquired the 68 F-100 around the same time as the 84 Ranger. So it too had been in the family for 35 years, but was owned by me or dad the entire time. If you asked dad it probably became mine around the time he parked in 2006. It officially became mine through registration in 2018.

The 84 and 68 haven;t been in my name for 35 years, but vehicles that stay in the same family since new are often considered single owner. So...

I bought my 1975 Ford Ranchero GT in the spring of 1976 when stationed at Aberdeen, MD. 47 years and 266,000 miles later, I still own it.

View attachment 100673
You probably win. Nice Ranchero! :love:

.........................................................................................................................................................................................
you may want to advertise any good parts from your 68 F100, those parts are scarce & could mean some money in your pocket
@don4331 being a Mercury F-100 definitely advertise any good parts. If any of theMercury unique parts are good they would definitely be worth money. That vintage of F-series is getting hard to find parts for, the Mercurys are much more so.

If you weren't in Canada I'd probably be one of those interested parties. Too far, shipping is a hastle/expensive, and I've got most of what I need to get started except for time (... place, and money are short too).

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Bought my '92 Christmas Eve 2002. It's sat in a garage as a neglected project collectively 9 of those years :fie:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Dad bought my 97 brand new in January of 97 so that my mom could use it on the rural mail route in the winter when the plows did not get through. It didnt see a lot of mail rout use, just the bad days.. I got it from him in 2005 with 106k miles on it. I have owned it going on 19 years now and it has 199k on it.

2015 Escape S, 2.5 duratech. Bought it in 2019 with only 46k miles. Used to be a government vehicle in Bardstown KY. It has 91k on it now.

AJ

CrabGuy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2004-Bone stock
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Why should I pay someone else to screw it up when I can screw it up myself for free?
It would be my E350 I bought new in 2010 and only have 88K on it now. The Ford I put the most miles on was my 63 Econoline camper, I put 230K on it in 3 years in the early 70's on countless road trips surfing in Mexico and all over the west coast. That Ford never broke down even once.

Attachments

North Idaho 5.oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The one I’ve owned the longest is my 1998 ranger (the one in my profile)
Have owned it since 2008 … can’t say the miles are relevant by any means…. I swapped out the 4.0 so many times it was ridiculous so I went with a 5.0 instead!
Both front and rear diffs, seats, fenders, bed, along with almost every nut and bolt has been messed with at some point!
The gage cluster / odometer is original and reads 294k and some change. I got it at about 140k

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals