• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Who is stuck working today?

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yup. I got the shaft. Apparently people need insurance on their toys on Labor Day. So I'm writing policies. Joy!

Who else got the shaft?

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Bah! What are you up to then? I can live vicariously through you

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm stuck working..... on mom's Explorer... Trying to trace an electrical fault and it's starting to drive me up the wall. The problem exists in the drivers side front door and I have good wiring diagrams, but things are not adding up. I hate all this power this and that crap, lol.

After I get done playing with that for the day, I'll probably work on my choptop a bit then have a cigar and either a cocktail or beer.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That's a good call. I really hate working on electrical sometimes because it's not brute force mechanics. I have to think and visualize current flowing through certain wires on the schematic and I can get pretty confused. I don't envy you. Although soon I'll be putting electric windows and locks in mine.

What kind of cigar? I don't have the most refined taste, but I certainly enjoy Cohibas.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Bah! What are you up to then? I can live vicariously through you
Pulled the rear bumper off my '01 Ranger. Plasti-dipped the chrome part and bed liner on the upper plastic.

Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I worked last night...Don't mind at all. Time and a 1/2 and my extra .50 a hour night.. 300 plus extra in the check next week...

I really don't mind working any holidays as I work gravyard... I insist on Christmas off though and really it's the only day my work closes it's doors.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
That's a good call. I really hate working on electrical sometimes because it's not brute force mechanics. I have to think and visualize current flowing through certain wires on the schematic and I can get pretty confused. I don't envy you. Although soon I'll be putting electric windows and locks in mine.

What kind of cigar? I don't have the most refined taste, but I certainly enjoy Cohibas.
I'm good at visualizing it and following schematics and the like, but there are some wires that do not appear to be damaged but are not showing voltage and the fuses supplying it are good. WTF. Plus the power lock switch that was working is magically no longer conductive. At all. And the thick ground wire for the power windows has somehow lost it's ground (of course, once it gets inside the cab, I lose track of it because it's hidden behind all sorts of crap under the dash). And the door ajar switch is somehow not getting power....

As far as the cigar goes.... I'm as of yet undecided. I have a pair of Cohibas in my humidor (one is a red dot), also have some H. Upmann (sungrown and a maduro), a Montecristo Platinum and Reserva Negra, an Excaliber and an Excaliber Dark Knight, a Camacho Room 101 and a bunch of other stuff....

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
this guy... 8am to 10 pm n no xtra pay

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Destroyer, that sucks. I definitely feel for you. What do you do? Sounds like my old job in retail at Sears.

Mazda, I agree. To be honest, my girlfriend has an abcess in her jaw right now from an impacted tooth. I wasn't going to be doing anything super fun today, so making time and a half will work for me. I have to work on Mondays anyway ;)

Blue, Have you tried the Montecristo's before? I'd definitely like to try them. How do they compare to the Cohibas?

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
I'm good at visualizing it and following schematics and the like, but there are some wires that do not appear to be damaged but are not showing voltage and the fuses supplying it are good. WTF. Plus the power lock switch that was working is magically no longer conductive. At all. And the thick ground wire for the power windows has somehow lost it's ground (of course, once it gets inside the cab, I lose track of it because it's hidden behind all sorts of crap under the dash). And the door ajar switch is somehow not getting power....

As far as the cigar goes.... I'm as of yet undecided. I have a pair of Cohibas in my humidor (one is a red dot), also have some H. Upmann (sungrown and a maduro), a Montecristo Platinum and Reserva Negra, an Excaliber and an Excaliber Dark Knight, a Camacho Room 101 and a bunch of other stuff....
Wire might have gotten damaged, broken, or burnt part way down...might have to trace it back I've start from the fuse back. If the fuse has power check the back of the fuse block the female insert might have gotten pushed out or something.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Also is there a relay? Might be that too

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im stuck t work... dodges break everyday... even holidays, so someone has to sell parts!

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got stuck, 7-4 no extra pay. Great day.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
My wife is working 7 to 7 today, so I slept in, went out and putzed in the garage a bit, my dad came over, a dana 28 fell on my a few minutes later, so we threw it out in the yard and put a 35 in it's place. Now my truck has a D-35 and working 4x4 again. Too bad I had to ditch luxury options like steering and brakes to get it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals