• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Xe258hr-12 vs Xe258hr-14

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Why would you pick the one with less lift? Just to be easier on the valve train?
Yes, and to avoid having to check valve to piston clearance,then grind the pistons to increase it.

Tech-man

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 2wd
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306,Expy intake, GT40 heads, valvetrain is TFS stage 1, TRI-Y's & Magnaflow, AOD-E
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/5"
Tire Size
245/45/17
Comp Cams has been having quality control issues for the last few years. They were my go to valvetrains for years but I have moved over to Trick Flow Specialties. Check em out, check the google reviews on both also...

O No 3.0!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xl 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
I ran the bigger of the 2 years ago in my mustang. Very good cam for stock to "mildly" modded 5.0s. Mine had ported stock heads, demon 650 carb on an rpm air gap intake. This cam was alot faster than the E-303 & the X-303 by a bunch. Low & mid range power were much better. My car had 3.55 gears & went from 83 mph best to 87 mph & 8.32 to 7.72 in the 1/8th. The only negative with it was the lack of lope at idle. The X cam sounded really good, the 258 was barely noticeable. Ive been told that on a fuel injected motor it has a more noticeable lope.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals