• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

take that POS hubs!!

redneck243

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
V6 3.0 flex
Transmission
Automatic
so after much thought about how to fix my PVH hubs. looked into AVM hubs found out they have can fall off lol an to try and fix the PVH system is a lost cause. so i looked at my hubs, how the work an bam it dawned on me, 20 dollars later an a trip to my local hardware store an i fixed em.

ok so parts list an more pics to follow. you need 2 clevis pins 1/2dia., 2 brass breaing bushings idk what these are but the just what i was looking for, 2 pins, 2 washers, epoxy, an strong magnets. ok so i started with this.....

what ya do is epoxy the brass thing to the washer, drill a hole in the barss thing, cut the middle out of the hub cap, epoxy the washer and brass piece to that, this is were the clevis pin will slide threw to engage the 4x4. epoxy the magnet to the locking piece thats inside the hub. this is so that when you engage an disengage the lock stays attached to the clevis pin.

an thats it you pull the pin out push in the clevis pin put pin back in an your in 4x4. simple an way to easy .......questions comments and reviews please

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
so easy a caveman could do it! haha looks good, i always like to see new ideas like this.

Dylan9302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1) 1998
2) 199
Make / Model
1)Mazda
2) For
Engine Size
1) 2.5L M 2) 3.0L A
Transmission
Automatic
hey to do this do u need the metal clip?? i took mine out and lost them... cud probally get more but jw if u need them?

thanks dylan

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals