• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hole in dizzy cap, then split plug wires

bert0427

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
My truck is a 1986 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9l and I have just replace my head gaskets on my 2.9l that came off of craigslist for 300$... this thing has me stumped. it spits sputter and miss fires randomlyand puts out black smoke when it dose this and sometimes white . i have repaced plugs, wire cap, rotor button, replaced the fuel injectors (injectors are used). but here is the big problem .... my distributor cap had a hole blown threw it so i replaced it... then i just had a brand new sparkplug wire split right in the middle ??? also the 1st cap that got a hole was on the #5 spark plug post on the cap .. then once i replaced it the wire that got split in half was the #5 plug wire
any help or ideas would be great. thanks very much for your time , also i am accepting any 302s for donation to this truck lol ..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals