Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Non RBV Build Threads

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
MountainMike

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Sport Trac
I use this vehicle for: Truckin'
My credo: The fun begins where the pavement ends
MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

Hat tip to Brent in the body shop at work, all the bright orange & white safety decals are off the tank. Waiting on parts to arrive and the weather to warm up a bit (it's kind of hard to keep the shop warm when it's -30*C out) and I'll jump right back into it.

My New Sport Trac <-Click
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
WWTRSD?
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
ForOffRoadDriving

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING A RANGER CAN DO, AND LOTS OF THINGS IT SHOULDN'T
ForOffRoadDriving has a spectacular aura aboutForOffRoadDriving has a spectacular aura about

looks sweet mike! i had a 1986 suzuki SP200 and that thing was a blast, but i didnt get to ride it like it was meant to be ridden ( i was jumping it almost daily and it didnt fly worth a damn) and ended up selling it and buying a 1987 cr125 so i could ride the mx tracks with my friends. i really miss that bike and wish i hadnt parted with it since it was in almost this good of shape.........
Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
MountainMike

MountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud ofMountainMike has much to be proud of

Thanks F.O.R.D.

I can really see the family resemblance

Now I'm just drawing up ideas of a custom rear fender treatment...

Quote:
WWTRSD?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #14
MountainMike

Still waiting on parts, hopefully should have them this week and have most of the bike bolted together on Sunday.

Quote:
WWTRSD?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #15
MountainMike

Well that didn't happen, now I'm just getting antsy

Quote:
WWTRSD?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #16
86 slo-vo
02/2011 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: work and play
86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all

pretty cool, ive been looking for a super moto bike myself.....

i really like the drz400's and the xr650l's but id love to find a wrx250

i just want something with a decent amount of power to play on, from what ive heard the cross between power and weight the wrx 250 would be great for someone my size with a few mods

ive rode an 03 xr650l, its a heavy sumbitch but has plenty of power
Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
MountainMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 slo-vo View Post
pretty cool, ive been looking for a super moto bike myself.....

i really like the drz400's and the xr650l's but id love to find a wrx250

i just want something with a decent amount of power to play on, from what ive heard the cross between power and weight the wrx 250 would be great for someone my size with a few mods

ive rode an 03 xr650l, its a heavy sumbitch but has plenty of power
That's what I found, while I like the power of the bigger bikes I can not stand the weight of them. I'm no heavyweight myself so the lighter the bike the better. This thing only weighs around 220lbs so it's just right. The exhaust should help bring the power up a bit, and the styling mods will make it look modern.

My heat shield arrived on Friday so the bike should be going back together pretty quick.

Quote:
WWTRSD?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
86 slo-vo
02/2011 OTOTM Winner

86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all86 slo-vo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMike View Post
That's what I found, while I like the power of the bigger bikes I can not stand the weight of them. I'm no heavyweight myself so the lighter the bike the better. This thing only weighs around 220lbs so it's just right. The exhaust should help bring the power up a bit, and the styling mods will make it look modern.

My heat shield arrived on Friday so the bike should be going back together pretty quick.
i had the chance to buy an 09 klx 250, i sat on it was super light and felt good. took it for a drive and was seriously unimpressed with the power yet it was still 100% stock with 200 miles but damn it was a turd i tried and couldnt even get the front tire off the ground unless i was reaming on it.

thats why ive been looking for the drz its about midways in the weight and power....sigh one of these days....probably will be atleast a year with a baby on the way before i can get one but whether the wife likes it or not im getting one lol

yours is going to be nice come riding season
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #19
MountainMike

Thanks Jon, I'm hoping so.

As far as the DRZ400 goes, dad has got one and while it is seriously up on power it's a lot heavier and a lot taller. Something about the compact dimensions of 200cc class bike just seems to work better for me. Although seeing the the nose of dad's bike sure helped my styling choice of mine.

Funny that you didn't like the KLX. I'm pretty sure my bike has less power but it'll pop the front tire like nobodies business. I've launched that thing hard and it'll keep up with the best of them. My buddy Kevin rides an '08 RMZ-250 and while my bike won't outgun him it seems to keep up just fine on the trails.

Quote:
WWTRSD?

Last edited by MountainMike; 04-12-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #20
86 slo-vo
02/2011 OTOTM Winner

must have been the gearing he said it will cruise nice at 75 so they must be pretty steep

im sure with some gears and a few mods it would have enough power but bone stock i felt like i could keep up with it to 45 on my zuma

this is about exactly what i want...