• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3T woes

gimpy117

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
hello all, Im new to these parts...but Im in the middle of a 2.3T build

I already know my 2.3T will go on my M5od transmission without too much issue, and that I can reuse mounts

BUT

Im having an issue finding documentation on a 2.3T computer conversion. Here is where I'm at. I've got a 2.5L ranger (it's a 1998 so it's OBDII) and I've got a complete turbo coupe engine with the engine side harness still on it (all the plugs for the injectors, O2 sensors etc)...and of course everything from a running 1998 manual ranger. I also have the original Turbo coupe computer which was also from a manual car

my question is: are there any resources to help walk me through the wiring nightmare which is a backdate conversion so I can use my original 2.3T computer? :icon_confused:

thanks,
Gimpy

Last edited:

gimpy117

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
update:

Is there a vehicle I could steal a wiring harness off of that is similar that I could modify? the junkyard has an 85' mustang if thats close

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm going to move this to the forced induction forum.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals