Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Wasting time
BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future
Default Fiat 131 build

Whats up you TRS jerks.

Here is what I am working on now. A 1976 Fiat 131. I'm using a 2.5 Duratec inline 4 and will be building a custom frame.

What it will look like when finished.

I have a full bodykit in route from Poland. Comes with fiberglass fenders, quarters, hood, decklid and bumpers.

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, TTB D35, 4.56s, Lockers, Electric power steering

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.

Last edited by BlackBII; 12-12-2017 at 01:37 PM.
BlackBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Not shown to 'Premium Members')
Old 04-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
dangerranger83
5.0 HO under the hood!!!

Vehicle Year: 1983
I use this vehicle for: My DD, play toy
dangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to dangerranger83

Looks like a fun project. But where did you get the idea of doing this kind of project at?

I see them moving this to the non-RBV section though.

5.0 HO carbed, np435 with an np208 transfercase, 32 inch BFGoodrich M/T's, D30 SAS with 6.5 XJ coils, 63 inch leaves in rear.
dangerranger83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Kyle M.
GOING FOR BROKE

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: driving over stuff
Kyle M. will become famous soon enoughKyle M. will become famous soon enough

I like it

www.CheapThrillsOffRoad.com
Kyle M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future

I've wanted a Fiat 131 for years......I am finally making it happen.

If someone moves my thread, they can straight to hell.

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, TTB D35, 4.56s, Lockers, Electric power steering

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Sunk
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 2012
Vehicle Model: F-150
I use this vehicle for: Making Vroom Vroom sounds
Sunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond reputeSunk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd drive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.C. Fields View Post
Once, during prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
Sunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
1lonlyranger

Vehicle Year: 1991
I use this vehicle for: DD,off roading,camping, and hunting
1lonlyranger is on a distinguished road

2.3 svo valve cover. i had one of those on my ranger must say thats going to be a fun build.
1lonlyranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Good to see you Sunk.

It's actually a Turbocoupe valve cover, the entire motor came out of a Turbocoupe, you can see the oil return for the turbo on the passenger side of the block. The motor does have a few miles on it, so it will be rebuilt.

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
dangerranger83
5.0 HO under the hood!!!

dangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud ofdangerranger83 has much to be proud of

I say if you can find it (cant remember the head type came off another type of vehicle) put the DOC one on her.

How do FIAT brakes fit on a Ford setup?

I do agree, I would drive it.

5.0 HO carbed, np435 with an np208 transfercase, 32 inch BFGoodrich M/T's, D30 SAS with 6.5 XJ coils, 63 inch leaves in rear.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

The volvo DOHC head?

I've thought about it, but I'm not going to go that route. Too much work for not a big enough payoff. I can get 260cfm from a bolt on aluminum head or close to that with a ported iron head, which are both good for over 500hp, which I won't even be going to.

I'm not sure what you're asking on the brakes. I'm using Mazda steering knuckles with rotors and calipers on the Fiat vehicle. I pictured the Fiat brakes to show how much smaller they are, along with being only a single piston.

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.

Last edited by BlackBII; 04-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
dangerranger83
5.0 HO under the hood!!!

Ya the volvo head.

Aluminum would kill off some weight so thats what I would do.

Got my stuff mixed up I think. So some how you got the Mazda steering knuckles, rotors and brakes to bolt to a FIAT setup. I wont argue with that, sounds like a nice and cheap upgrade to me.

Anyways on with this thing!!!!!!