• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by beenjammin

1. Cavalier valve cover gasket

Hey guys, So the girl's Cavalier (1998 2.2L auto) is leaking from the valve cover. Pretty simple fix, but I've never done one before so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on replacing one (there's a trick to everything lol). Should I get just a simple rubber gasket or a cork/steel one...
  2. Clutch hydraulic line question

Ok, so I successfully (so far unless something goobers up) replaced my clutch and related components for the first time. Miraculously it worked the first try :yahoo: Trolling TRS gave me tons of useful tips. If I had to do it again I'd definitly get it done in half the time lol But, when I put...
  3. Front end knock/clunk?

Ok, so I've got a knock or a clunk coming from the front end on the drivers side. I can sometimes feel feedback through the steering wheel. It'll happen when turning or from bumps in the road. My initial hunch was a failing ball joint, in which case I need to replace it asap, but I'm not 100%...
  4. Instrument Cluster swap

How difficult would it be to swap the instrument cluster from an Explorer into a 2000 ranger? I think getting a tach that way would be cleaner than an aftermarket one and I think I read that the wires and stuff are basically the same-just plug right up? And the wire for the tach is already back...
  5. Coolant leak

Ok, so I drained and flushed my cooling system a few weeks back. Drained out the radiator and in order to get the remainder of the old coolant out of the block I just popped off the lower radiator hose at the base of the radiator to drain it all out. My chiltons said nothing about a drain plug...
  6. Cooling system

Ok, so got another question, hopefully its simple.... So today I drained and flushed out my cooling system and replaced the thermostat and its housing. Filled the radiator back up as well as the reservoir tank up to the "cold fill" mark. Started it up and let it run until the upper radiator...
  7. New Here....

I missed this part of the forum when I signed up a few days ago, go here goes: My name's Ben and I reside about 40 minutes northeast of Atlanta, Ga (more specifically lawrenceville, if anyone here is from around there). I got my 2000 Ranger for $1000 from my boss back in March. Long story...
  8. Transmission fluid question

Ok, so I'm going to change out the transmission fluid on my Ranger (2000, 5-speed, 2.5L) and went to my local Ford dealer to get the fluid. They got me the right amount and I was on my way. I decided to double check with my manual (its on my computer since one didn't come in the truck) to make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad