• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by blockhead

1. 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for the kids

No worries I didn't think it was a shot against me, I took it as an unfortunate general truth and I love a good lawyer joke. They are also my kids' favorite kind of jokes. In reality I'm using my engineering degree a lot more than my law degree. Life is too short to get offended easily, and...
  2. Reverse 5th gear external adjustment

I just found a bolt that fit and put the plate in place. All seems to be working properly again. Classic case of overthinking things. I also put a vent tube on. Thanks again!
  3. 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for the kids

In the interest of full disclosure I'm an attorney (and engineer). That doesn't mean I disagree with you. One of my favorite saying is that people hate lawyers, except their own.
  4. 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for the kids

I think I tossed them already. I can't remember exactly what the issue was, but I recall I needed a couple parts that cost as much as a manual hub kit. I'll look around for them.
  5. Reverse 5th gear external adjustment

Thanks! It looks like there was a bolt through the plate at some point. I guess I’ll thread a small bolt through there and see how it behaves. I’ll also put a new vent tube in.
  6. Reverse 5th gear external adjustment

New to the forum. I've lurked for a while to help with work on my 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4. I just installed my rebuilt M50D-R1. Shortly after installing it I noticed the counter assembly holding bolt lever that attaches to the reverse/5th fork (I think). There was no bolt holding it in place (see...
  7. 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for the kids

Thanks Uncle Gump. Part of the problem is my "just wanting to get the job done." I need to step back and let them screw things up, like I have sooooo many times.
  8. 91 Ranger 4.0 4x4 for the kids

Hello, I just joined because about a year and a half ago I was looking for manual transmission truck that my kids could drive and work on as they became of age to drive. I ended up buying a 91 Ranger at farm auction for $300. It didn't start so we changed the fuel pump, installed a new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad