• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Brandon Nootenboom

1. Random F-250 questions

So my wife and I just got a 2001 F-250 4x4 7.3 6-spd :D and its got a couple minor issues I wanna fix. I haven't had a chance to check into but figured I'd start here. First, the fuel gauge stays on full when the truck is on and goes to empty when off. The owner said the fuel tank has been...
  2. Engine Woes...

Well, I my 4.0 either has a blown head gasket or god forbid a cracked head... I'm hoping this weekend to get a chance to positively I.D. the leak point. It's an external leak, not enough to cause overheating but you can smell it outside the truck and see it dripping down the engine. I know it's...
  3. Shifting issues

My 97 4.0 5spd has been off and on having issues going into gears and sometimes out of them. I'm not sure where to look because they don't grind at all, they just won't go in no matter how hard I push/pull, and when it does happen it's been all gears including reverse. I don't have any metal in...
  4. Struts on a Mustang

I was wondering if anyone's done struts on a 94-04 Mustang or would know about them. My friend that now has my 96 Mustang needs to replace the struts (due to my insane driving :3gears:) and says that he can't do it cause there is some special tools... I haven't done much research yet but I doubt...
  5. Need to find a Moderator on here

I wanna change my screen name on here from my real name to something else, I know I need to find a Moderator and pm them but how do I find one? Thanks
  6. More problems

I replaced my front wheel bearings today, as they have been worn out for a few months (already tightened and re-packed about 4 months ago which didn't help) and discovered that the wheel bearings weren't the main reason for the slop in each wheel that I thought was caused by my worn out wheel...
  7. Tranny woes...

So after having hydrolocked my truck, rebuilding the top end and changing all the fluids now my tranny seems to be having some problems. I drove it about 200 miles or so before changing the tranny or transfer case fluid. Both had a quart of water in them or more but there was hardly any metal...
  8. Got to go play again

A week ago today I got my Ranger running again after hydrolocking the engine, and what a better way to really break it in than to take it back to the trails :headbang: I didn't get any action shots just because I didn't want to get my phone muddy but I got the after shots...
  9. Booyaa!!!!

FINALLY got my Ranger back on the road again!!! :yahoo: I've greatly missed my truck, driving a Tacoma is just so wrong haha. Needless to say I won't be going swimming with it anymore haha
  10. F*cking car hoppers

At school today we were doing headlight alignments for an assignment, so I figured I'd run out and grab my fiance's Tacoma (my Ranger's still down) So I go running out to grab it unlock (or so I think) the drivers door and hop in without paying much attention grabbing for the seatbelt and going...
  11. 4.0 upper intake removal Q

I just had a quick question about removing the upper intake, got everything pulled off except for what I believe is the blowby pipe off the valve cover, I just wanted to make sure that what I'm wrenching on is the right thing I should be going after...
  12. Upper intake manifold removal

I have yet to read through my Haynes manual, but I'm wondering if there is an easy way to remove just the upper part of the intake manifold on my 97 Ranger 4.0. I hydrolocked my engine but didn't bend anything. I already got the water blown out of the cylinders and my compression is OK but I...
  13. Hydrolocked... FML (pics)

First the good part Then the bad...
  14. Hydrolocked... FML

So my fiance, me and a co-worker of mine went out to whats called the Porter Pits north of Ferndale WA, had some really good fun runnin the trails and flexing out my stock 97 Ranger playing "follow the leader" I gotta say a stock 97 Ranger can wheel :icon_thumby: Untill it comes to water...
  15. Tool advice

I'm just wondering what everyone out there's favorite tool company is, or what specific tools you have found that one company makes better than another, and why. Over the next few years I'm going to be making a huge investment in tools as I'm going to school for heavy Diesel mechanics :headbang...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad