• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ca1rangers

1. ca1rangers

ebay Bearings?

Ranger has 300k and I need some front wheel bearings (abs bad). Been looking at ebay to find the prices a lot cheaper then the parts store. Should I trust these or just follow the guide line "you get what you pay for". I don't like to go cheap on part(quality) but there is about a $200.00...
  2. ca1rangers

how do you tell if a cv joint in the front driveshaft is bad?

I have no idea how to test this. But I think it is
  3. ca1rangers

Is my drive shaft bad?

Ok how to explain. Couple days ago I put my rig in 4 wheel drive and stated hearing a clicking noise. Today in 2 wheel drive on highway it started to make this loud noise and the truck vibrated bad. I but it up on stands and let it run. The noise seems to be where the "cup" on the drive shaft...
  4. ca1rangers

Door rust

Bottom of my 2000 pass. door is rusting away from the inside . Is this a common problem and is there a fix. I never see any water.
  5. ca1rangers

The LED Question

Looking to try the LED's in the old dash board. Anybody know whats the best to get brand wise? also do the single bulbs work ok or is it better to get the ones with the multiple bulbs that shine all around? Ebay has a million types and it just gives me a headach:dunno:
  6. ca1rangers

Bodywork

My ranger is beginning to show some rust alot on the bottom of the passangers door. I have never done any type of body work. can anybody suggest a good body work book to use:icon_welder:
  7. ca1rangers

rpm jump

when my truck is in park at idle I noticed that the RPM's will jump up about every 30 seconds. Its is a pretty big jump too. After messing around I did figured out that it only happens when the controls are set to vents or windshild or a combination of both. If its set to the floor it does not...
  8. ca1rangers

Bad Ball Joint?

I just took my truck in for a road hazard warranty on one of my tires I got about 4 months ago. I did not go to the same place I got my tires. They replaced my tire but told me I needed a new lower ball joint. They also said I needed a new inner tie rod. Now the Tie rod I had replaced when I got...
  9. ca1rangers

Door Hinges

2000 Ranger four door My drivers door does not shut unless I slame it. I can pick up on the door and rock it up and down. I have changed door pins before on other cars but these look like you cant tap them out. Do you need to replace the whole hinge?
  10. ca1rangers

Looking for pictures

Looking for pictures/Blow up of a 2000 Ranger front dive shaft and how it bolts to the T-case. I will be removing theese soon and would like to know what I will be looking at. thanks
  11. ca1rangers

drive line noise

I have 2000 Ranger. About 2 months ago when comming to a stop the truck started to make a popping noise then the vibration started. I thought my dash was gonna fall off. then it stopped. Off and on it would come back. Felt like the transfer case was locking up. Then I thought it was the hubs not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad