• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bodywork

ca1rangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L with 237K miles
Transmission
Automatic
My ranger is beginning to show some rust alot on the bottom of the passangers door. I have never done any type of body work. can anybody suggest a good body work book to use:icon_welder:

wally

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
My doors and tailgate don't look that bad from the outside, but they are a lost cause. the insides are rotted out. You might want to double check the inside by the bottom door seal. If its rusted pretty bad there your going to have to plan on cutting in a lot of new metal. You may be better to replace instead of fixing.

09ajmaros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure TRS has something in the tech library.......yup, just checked and it does. You can use that as a guile line

You could sand it down, use a well-rated primer and a store like bumper to bumper should be able to mix you a quart of paint, borrow a spray can from a friend if availible.

If it's really bad some body putty will have to be used.

Don't be shy trying to fix it yourself, I made many mistakes fixing my bed sides.

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm sure TRS has something in the tech library.......yup, just checked and it does. You can use that as a guile line

You could sand it down, use a well-rated primer and a store like bumper to bumper should be able to mix you a quart of paint, borrow a spray can from a friend if availible.

If it's really bad some body putty will have to be used.

Don't be shy trying to fix it yourself, I made many mistakes fixing my bed sides.
most autoparts can make you a spray bomb if you give them your paint code . just a warning it will be bsae coat and will need a couple coats of clear if you use it on the outer panels..:icon_welder:

wally

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
body filler should only be used to fill in slight imperfections.

if its rusted really bad and you just sand it and fill it in with bondo it, the rust will come back eventually. depends hong long you plan on keeping the truck or to the point of not caring anymore.

bondo has its place but its just a mask job when you plaster in on in huge clumps, just not what I would want on my truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals