• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GreenRanger9096

1. GreenRanger9096

96 Ranger 4.0 4x4 Fuel or Electrical problem?

Thanks for clicking, Lately my truck has not been cranking but instead turns over, rough idles for 3 seconds and turns off. I've figure out as much as my fuel pump isn't making the normal pressure sound and it isn't over 2 years old. If I keep turning the switch on/off I can finally get the...
  2. GreenRanger9096

96 Ranger 4.0 4x4 reluctant to overdrive

Hey guys, gonna keep this short and sweet. My truck has 33" tires on it and at high way speeds (55-60 mph) the truck would rather stay in 3rd gear at 3.5-4k RPM rather than shift up into overdrive. Shifts slightly rough (compared to a new car) nothing alarming, 3.73 gears, 128k miles, no...
  3. GreenRanger9096

Wheel and Tire Fitting

I would say no wider than 8" after lowering it 2/3", and after that I don't have a clue lol.
  4. GreenRanger9096

92 bagged 306 B303 cam

Any plans on "Smoothing" out the truck? ie, shaving door handles, tail gate, getting a roll pan etc. I think the gen 2 rangers look a lot nicer when they're all smoothed out, still a great looking ride, great job!
  5. GreenRanger9096

Brake Pedal "Jumps" when pressed?

Hey guys, I've got a 96 4x4 4.0 and lately I've been having some trouble with the ABS light coming on. No biggy, but whenever the light comes on it is usually followed by my brake pedal "jumping" back at my foot, this has only happened so far when I'm under a heavy turn left OR right, and never...
  6. GreenRanger9096

Renegade

Thinking about buying a set of America Racing Renegades for my ranger, I'm gonna be bumping up to 35"s after I get my lift on, and wanted to start shopping for rims/tires while I wait for the lift to get powder coated http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=1677&ProductId=9475 These...
  7. GreenRanger9096

Quad-Cab Ranger makes trip to US?

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/05/spied-again-future-ford-ranger.html Not impressed with the styling of the front end from what I see.
  8. GreenRanger9096

Rapid turn signal flashers

So after switching my 96 STX to a 2 bulb tail light, The lights work fine and look great, The only problem is when I press the brakes and have my turn signal on they rapid flash like a bulb is out, all bulbs are fine, Replaced the Flasher with a Heavy Duty towing one, no help... Anyone got any...
  9. GreenRanger9096

Hello TRS

Now that I've finally gotten some money and time to work on my truck, you guys might see me posting more! Hello everyone, My name is Will, I am 18 years old and have been driving various setups of wheels and motors since I was as young as 6, I bought my Ranger used at a local dealership in...
  10. GreenRanger9096

99 Stepside bolts to a 96 STX styleside?

Title says it all, I've been looking for a step-side bed for my ranger for about a year, I just found one where I live...The only problem is that it is a 1999, and my truck is a 1996 STX. Anyone have any information about Bolt patterns / fram fitting a 99 bed onto a 96? has it been done? I've...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad