• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hack2ey

1. 1990 Ranger Question

My Ranger is a 1990 model with a 2.3 engine and a manual 5 speed transmission. Does the fuel injection system on my truck use O2 sensors? I got under the truck today for the first time looking around, and I did not see any O2 sensors either before or after the cat. The cat was still in place...
  2. My Ranger is Sick

Hi folks. I just bought a 2wd 1990 Ranger with a 2.3 and a Mazda 5 speed manual transmission. The engine starts and seems to run fine, but I have noticed that there is a pronounced hesitation during acceleration through the gears in the 2500 - 3000 rpm range. It will pull cleanly from just off...
  3. Transmission Question

I have a 1990 ranger with a 2.3 liter engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. My research says that if my 5 speed transmission is built by Mitsubishi, the proper lubricant is 80W gear oil. If it is a Mazda transmission, then I should use Mercon 5. My question is, how can I tell whether or not...
  4. New (to me) Ranger with a Problem

Hi all, I just bought a 1990 Ranger 2wd with a 2.3L four cylinder and a manual transmission. This truck has about 100K miles on it, and I don't know whether it's ever been tuned up or had any service to fuel injection or ignition components (like new plugs and wires or a cleaning of injectors or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad