• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jester77

1. please help a member- please help Marthalake

Hi my fellow Ranger Drivers. I wanted to post in general chitchat but don't want to violate any rules. My kids go to Martha Lake Elementary in Lynnwood Washington- their playground is getting ripped up. They (and my wife) are working to earn enough money to replace the playground. They are...
  2. how hard is the fuel injection

I've done the duraspark and the motorcraft 2150. Truck runs great- just never has enough power- the big tires sure take their toll on the giddee-up. Thinking the fuel injection direction. How hard is it after doing the duraspark?? I assume it means a new dizzy, to hook into some computen...
  3. chili, throttle cables and exploded exhaust

Whoa what's that clutch smel????:icon_twisted: Well let me start from the beginning- my tale of whoa, and challenge. I work at a big airplane company here in the Seattle area, I'm what they call a lead man. SO every other Friday I do a little sumthin sumthin for the crew. Friday Chili dog...
  4. fuel injection after duraspark

I've read through the fuel injection section, looks like alot of empty holes in the build process!!! I've already done the duraspark, and motorcraft carb. Runs smooth, but with my new 33x12.50 s I sure could use a few more ponies. I've got a block I'm starting to rebuild, going with some of...
  5. 85 ranger without a tach

I was cruisen the local "pull a part" and found an 86 Ranger with an instument cluster with a tach and speedo. Since mine does not have a tach, how hard is it to change the cluster. I have absolutely no idea how to hook up a tach, I know somehow it works off the coil. Since I did the duraspark...
  6. jeep wrangler vs 85 Ranger

I've been needing new rubber for a long long time- a friend of mine has a set of 33x12.50x15 rims and tires- with new rubber on them that he took off of his sons 93 jeep wrangler. 350 dollars- Great deal.... unless the rims backspacing and center and offset won't work with my 85 Ranger...
  7. lurchy turney

my truck has the three inch lift kind of thing going, looks great, 32x11.50's- I was wondering why when I turn real tight on pavement the truck does this lurch thing to the side, to the point I don't turn tight- is it caused from the lock in the rear end? or something with my dropdowns on the...
  8. got my new carby- now what

ok, got my new carby- simple motorcraft rebuilt by holley from parts america. bought the one for the 78 pinto 2.8 liter. Now all you hot shot pro tuners give me the advice I need. What should my no- vacuum timing be set to?? What should it be once I hook up my vacuum?? Where should the vacuum...
  9. sick of my holley

I'm sick of my holley- not to diss it too bad, but I have had it with trying to make this cold blooded animal run well!!!! I'm switching to a motorcraft 2100/2150 I have checked out another board (sorry) and they seem to preach the value of a 1978 Pinto 2.8 liter carb, or the use of 1972...
  10. what my lift???

I currently have 32x11.50/15s on my truck and they are starting to get worn, so new tires are on my horizon. I would like to go to 33x12.5s but I don't know if I have the lift to make it happen. How do I tell what my suspension lift is, I bought the truck already like this, I know I have a 2...
  11. seat re-Upholstery

There are places to get new carpet kits, dashboards, door insterts- is there some place that sell re-upholstery kits for the seats?? I have an 85 that the seats are in great shape except for a couple small rips. I put seat covers on but they always look like crap. Just looking for some kind of...
  12. wiring diagram

After over a month of driving with my new Duraspark and holley 350, definately more power, still haven't tried to work out the problem with my cable giving a bit of pull on the throttle shaft so it won't idle down whenever I come to a light- COLD BLOODED as hell, so for the first two minutes of...
  13. tuning my holley and duraspark

Got it done!!! started up pretty well, wouldn't idle but assumed it was just a bit of tweaking- well after 4 hours of tweaking.... guess who's tweaking now:icon_twisted: SO, Starts, revs pretty high the settles for a few seconds then dies. Set my timing at 8 btdc but since all the other crap...
  14. hot damn coil!!!

Yippee I have spark!!! Lots of backfiring and a few choice words- then the discovery that I had the cylinder firing order 180 degrees out (left bank\right bank mistake) so I am sure tomorrow will be the day- engine bay looks great without all that wiring everywhere My question- why is my brand...
  15. radio interferance and the capacitor question

The little capaciter that was on the original coil, do I just hook that little thingy into the ground side of the new coil?? :huh:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad