• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Joe Dirte

1. 2001 Ranger 4.0 SOHC no start

Long post, but hope this helps someone. I have a 2001 Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 4.0 SOHC auto tranny. The truck would just crank and not start. Then sometimes it would start and drive just fine. No loss of power. So I figured cam position sensor. It's located on top of the left side valve...
  2. gear selector

I figured this was the closest category to post about the gear selector issue. I picked up some plastic glue and glued the broken/cracked white piece and used two nuts on each side to reinforce it. It was either a 10-24 or 10-32 nut. I would recommend doing this even if your gear selector is...
  3. tranny issues

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site. I just picked up a 1999 Ranger XLT with about 150K. It has the 4.0, auto, four door, 4x4 with the switch on dash. There were a few minor issues. I did notice during the test drive that I did not feel a passing gear when I stomped on the go pedal. It also had a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad