• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kid_crash

1. kid_crash

Rear frame section 4x4 and 2x4 interchangeability

Hey y'all. So, my frame has broken :( I've tried to find out by searching and I'm coming up blank, does anyone know if the REAR frame sections are the same on the 2 and 4 wheel drives? I'm well aware the fronts are not interchangeable. I'm talking same cab and bed length. I've just got a 4x2...
  2. kid_crash

RC Aviators?

So I picked up the Cub. I spent an hour with the seller and he talked me through all sorts of stuff on the plane, super nice guy. He also sent me on my way with several sets of plans and a few boxes of hardware, miscellaneous building materials and a bunch of different props. So, the plane is...
  3. kid_crash

First real road trip in my ranger.

So I loaded up an hit the road in the ranger! I had her on the road since about early December, but not really taken any longer trips. The kids and I headed about 275 miles NE to Machias ME. We were heading up to build a new bunk house at hunting camp. I was hauling a exterior door unit on the...
  4. kid_crash

My "Door Ajar" fix

So my 2001 4 door ex-cab has had a door ajar problem since I got it. I finally got around to fixing it today. I knew it wasn't my drivers door since the chime would sound if I left my keys in the ignition, when the door was open. I figured it had to be the passengers door. So I took it all...
  5. kid_crash

RC Aviators?

Anyone here into RC planes? I'm just getting into it. I've purchased my TX (DX6I) and Phoenix RC flight simulator. I'm going to be buying an E-Flite Apprentice 15e in another few weeks. I'm pretty excited to get into this, I've wanted to since I was a kid, I figured 15 years of thinking about...
  6. kid_crash

Older 3.0 into newer rig.

Hey folks. Any reason I couldn't swap the 3.0 from my 98 into a 02? The 98 is a manual, the 02 an auto. I think I'd be good to go. Just figure I'd ask.
  7. kid_crash

Any one tried this? Home Brew Borg Warner 1354 elec to manual conversion.

Has any one here tried this setup? Looks pretty simple. I'm thinking about giving this a whirl on my '01 Ranger. The only question I've got, is if my 4x4 control module is not functioning, will I still have indicator lights telling me what range I'm in? Also, will shifting into neutral, and...
  8. kid_crash

Oh this poor truck!

2001 Ford Custom Pickup ( Graybull #2 ) $12000 http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/ 4814695967.html 2001 ford ranger odometer: 56000 paint color : custom size : compact type : truck drive : fwd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 6 cylinders condition...
  9. kid_crash

Kid_crash's 2001 4.0 XLT 4x4, DD in the works.

Hey folks. I've been kicking around on the forum with this truck for a while now. I've finally started to make some headway on getting it back in shape. Here's what I'm up to. 2001 4.0 4X4 Extended cab XLT. Paid $600 has 109,000 on it. She had a tangle with a tree on the right front fender...
  10. kid_crash

2001 CV shaft and hub assembly diagram ?

Hey all. I'm trying to put my front end back together and the seals between the cv shaft knuckle and hub were all shot. So after many trips to the parts stores... I think I have all the parts I need, but my manual only covers the vacuum hub set up. Any one got an exploded view of the live axle...
  11. kid_crash

Rack and pinion from 2000 into 2001

So I'm getting my 2001 ready to get on the road. I need to put rack in it and I have 2000, it's looking like its no the same part number from the listings I've seen. So I guess I'll need to order a new one. Have any if you done this swap? Is it compatible? Or should u just bite the bullet and...
  12. kid_crash

Worth the effort?

I've got a question for you folks. My next DD has an 8.8 open axle in it My parts rig has the same only it's a limited slip, it dose have about 80k more on it. They have the same ratio so a swap would be straight forward. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to swap it over to my new...
  13. kid_crash

4.0 from 2001 into 98 3.slow, a few ?'s

Hey all. Been a while since I've been here. Here's the situation. My trusty 98 w/ 3.0 5spd is getting tired, I'm looking at a 01 w/ 4.0 auto, the owner says it has a bent frame ( tangled with a tree) if its not fixable would mating the 4.0 to my 5speed need any big deal? I'm thinking there...
  14. kid_crash

Ranger on Rice?

I came across this ranger in Windham Maine:icon_confused:
  15. kid_crash

Best mileage configurations

My younger brother is in the market for a 4 banger ranger, he is looking for the max in mileage. He is planing to add an air intake, run synthetic oil. I'm curious if any one has any other helpful tips that may help, best tire size, gear ratios, that kind of stuff. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad