• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by komoto123

1. komoto123

Is this the knock sensor?

Is this the knock sensor? I pulled it from above the starter, on the right side of the engine. If it is, what do i do with it now that my computer is gone due to duraspark conversion.
  2. komoto123

What are these?

Can anyone tell me what these are? The first picture i want to know what that thing attached to the carb is. The second picture i want to know what this danling plug goes to. (its a three prong with two pinks and a blue wire) The third picture is of two different plugs that i don't know what...
  3. komoto123

Replacement carb

I am in need of a new carburetor since i can not use my current one due to the duraspark conversion. The tech library only states (''The stock "feedback carburetor" should also be replaced with an earlier non emission controlled 2 BBL carburetor to make this conversion function properly. You can...
  4. komoto123

Duraspark Questions

h
  5. komoto123

ignition coil part

Can some one tell me what type of connectors i can use for the positive and negative terminals on this coil. Plus what goes in the top of the coil that connects to the spark plug wire.
  6. komoto123

Is the 2.8 a pushrod engine?

Is the 2.8 a pushrod engine?
  7. komoto123

Duraspark Price reference

Just to give a reference to those who want to know Distributor - 63 Distributor Cap Adapter -7 Distributor Cap - 20 Rotor - 6 Ignition Module - 35 Coil - 26 Coil wire with power tower adapter - 20 Coil +/- wire holder - 6 Coil mounting bracket - 10?
  8. komoto123

Rnc

Anyone ever take the radio noise capacitor off the 2.8 coil? If so, any radio noise difference? Reason i ask is if i have to get a new coil with the duraspark (like the tech page says) i might as well not add the rnc back if i do not need to.
  9. komoto123

2.8 max output?

Does anyone know what the max output is for the 2.8 with all the goodies? Duraspark Carb Intake Cam Exhaust Ect..?
  10. komoto123

EGR block off plate

Does any one know where i can buy an egr block off plate and gasket for the 2.8 v6. Or even some ideas of making one.
  11. komoto123

Vaccuum hose plug

Does anyone know the size of a vacuum plug i can use on the main vacuum tree of the 2.8 stock feedback carbureter and/or where to get them. Autozone/napa/oreillys/ect.?
  12. komoto123

What are these??

Ok a few questions. What is this device above the thermostat housing? What is this unknown hose attachment coming from the firewall? Do i need anything from this solenoid panel right now(besides starter sol) before the duraspark conversion? What all is supposed to be on the starter sol...
  13. komoto123

Headlight Issue

I have a passenger side head light that has functioning high beam but no low beam. I switched it out with my drivers side but then nothing worked. My question is are these sealed beam headlights interchangeable or do i need to buy a new set? If not interchangeable any ideas on a headlight...
  14. komoto123

Exhaust plug

So i recently took off the air pump from my 2.8 v6, along with it the tubing that traveled to the exhaust manifolds. Problem is i now have two holes. What do you guys recommend? Plugging or Buying new headers.
  15. komoto123

Clutch Master Cylinder

My clutch has no spring to it. It goes in but takes forever to come back out if it even does. I figure it could be a few things (a leak), (air in the line), or (a bad spring). I'm thinking its a bad spring or a missing spring. Master cylinders are cheap but if i am missing a spring it wont help...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad