• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by kturner

1. It isnt always the filler hose.

Yea, I'm just getting mixed signals about repairing the plastic tanks. Some say they're HDPE, and HDPE has to be melted as no glue/expoxy will adhere to it. Some say there's new fancy stuff that will adhere to HDPE. Some say the plastic tanks aren't HDPE and glue/epoxy is fine. I really...
  2. It isnt always the filler hose.

I'm debating... While I've wanted to try some plastic welding, I'm not sure a fuel tank is a good first project. On the other hand, I can't seem to find a source for a readily available replacement gas tank. Either way, I'll have to empty and drop the tank, which is currently essentially full.
  3. It isnt always the filler hose.

For years, my ranger has suffered from the fuel leaking if you try to fill the tank (which I stopped doing). I saw the crack in the filler hose when I was swapping the fuel pump a while back, but couldn't wait for the part. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I swapped the filler hose and...
  4. Stuck clutch pedal, again...

I took a closer look at the coupler. On the master cylinder side, there is what appears to be a spring loaded plunger of some sort. I can depress this and fluid comes out. On the slave cylinder side, there appears to be a rigid part that depresses that plunger. So it would appear that as...
  5. Stuck clutch pedal, again...

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the hydraulic line, no signs of squashing, abrasion, melting, etc. The top of the pedal seems fine, nothing dangling around that might get stuck in the pedal assembly. I didn't see any obvious damage to the pressure plate, though it did have some surface...
  6. Stuck clutch pedal, again...

I have a 97 2.3l that doesn't get used very often. A few years ago, the clutch started acting up. Occasionally, it felt like on longer trips, it would lock in the up position. Letting it sit for a while would 'resolve' the issue. I ended up changing the master cylinder but it still did it so...
  7. Clutch pedal would not depress

97 2.3L 5 speed with about 70k miles and has been sitting a while. Today, I drove it to the inspection station, stopping for gas on the way, which was about 3 miles. They couldnt fit any more inspections in today so I left, or tried to. I made it a few hundred feet before the clutch started...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad