• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by mickE

1. mickE

1995 ford ranger 4x4 leaf springs and hanger

Ok guys...you all did great with your advise and I did get the leaf springs and hanger pivot to mount. I oiled them as they were frozen and used a pry to free them. This lift project is complete and I could not have done it with out your help. I will post some photos when I rest up as this...
  2. mickE

Thanks for the great info...i got some really good advise on this whole tread and i am grateful.
  3. mickE

Yes....but its stuck in the position it is in. I decided to remove the hanger, clean, oil/grease pivot now that I have a better idea and am sure I have the right leaf springs. Thanks for the help
  4. mickE

Yes...this is also great news. I thought that the springs were too short but i checked them over and called on them. I am going to remove these hangers and clean them, oil/grease them, and put new bolts. I am sure that this is the issue...thank you. The thing I was worried about is that when...
  5. mickE

That is great info....this helps me tremendously as i will be on this job tomorrow morning.
  6. mickE

This is the position that my hanger is in and it will not move forward with the old springs off. I was told that to make these springs fit it may take two people but it still seems alittle too wide of a connection between the hanger and the rear leaf spring bushing. I am wondering if there is...
  7. mickE

Do I put pressure on the spring which is attached on the front and centered properly on the middle bolt to get the extra 4-5"in I need or do I replace hangers? BTY the hangers are stuck in place and will not move forward. Another question would be do these hangers have to be directly centered...
  8. mickE

My leaf spring bushing for the rear is 4-5" too short to connect to the hanger pivot. I did notice that the pivot will not move at all. Please see my photos.
  9. mickE

OK>>>this is what I got. The springs are right for this vehicle as I have verified 3 times with part #8031 rough country 4" lift front and back with leaf springs. As you can view the second pic is the best showing that the leaf springs and shackles are 4-5" too short. Does that bottom shackle...
  10. mickE

I purchased a 4in lift kit for my 1995 ford ranger 4x4 and they seem to be too short in the rear where the hanger and leaf spring meet. Am I supposed to change my rear hangers or adjust to get rough county leaf springs to connect?? I have the front bolted on but the rear bushing will not...
  11. mickE

1995 Ranger 4x4 hub swap

ok...sounds good. I am making progress on this 1995 ford ranger 4x4 wheel hub swap. I have replaced all of rusted brake lines, rebuilt brake system, swapped from auto locking hub to WARN manual locking hubs, upgraded ignition to Screaming Demon coil packs with high fire wires, wheel swap, added...
  12. mickE

1995 Ranger 4x4 hub swap

Yes Scott I think that would be the easiest just to replace the same exact washer set up.....except they were either put on wrong or damaged/missing. So....what i need to know still is do I need all three washers or just the steel splined washer?
  13. mickE

1995 Ranger 4x4 hub swap

I am swapping wheel hubs on my 95 ford ranger stx and I'm swapping from automatic to manual WARN locking hubs. I have 3 diagram references and they are all show different spacers, number of spacers, or lack of washer/spacers. What combination do i use for my dana 35? Here goes the diagrams...
  14. mickE

95 Ranger Dana 35 automatic to manual locking hubs and axle seal/washer replacement

I bought this axle washer spline kit which comes with a set of three from Torque King which they say you must use all three.
  15. mickE

95 Ford Ranger automatic locking wheel hub to manual WARN locking hubs/axle/different seal/washer replacement

I am replacing my automatic locking wheel hubs for manual WARN locking hubs. The automatic hubs were not working and I pulled the axles to find more problems. The washers were missing or broken, wheel bearings needed replacing, and all of the seals, slinger, and washers on the axle to the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad