• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Nez'sRanger

1. Nez'sRanger

RoadActive Suspension

Anyone here ever use RoadActive suspension systems in your truck? If so, what are your thoughts? https://activesuspension.com/products/ford-ranger-pickup-1983-2012 I'd hate to buy it for almost $600 if it doesn't work.
  2. Nez'sRanger

5w-40 European oil in a 2.9?

Has anyone run 5w-40 European car oil in a 2.9? I'm currently running standard 10w-40 in mine, but the idea of 5w for cold starts sounds nice especially for winter. 40 weight seems to shut up the ticking nice. Any reason not to? Thanks!
  3. Nez'sRanger

distributor reinstalled and truck won’t start

I found the easiest way to know you're on the right stroke is to put a compression tester on cylinder 1. When the needle reads, boom, compression stroke. My hands are usually too beat up and dirty to feel air coming out while cranking the engine with a ratchet, lol.
  4. Nez'sRanger

Is this supposed to be there?

I HIGHLY recommend taking the heads to a shop to be magnafluxed. I had the same thing when I bought my Ranger. Took the heads off, couldn't see cracks, but when the shop checked it out, the magnaflux found a doozy of a crack. It would save you a TON of work.
  5. Nez'sRanger

Upgrading 89 RABS to 4 Wheel ABS

I believe my ranger has the Dana 28 front. I didn't see that this influenced the knuckle swap, but good to know now! At this point, the rear end is stock too, so I'm just doing my homework before buying anything.
  6. Nez'sRanger

Upgrading 89 RABS to 4 Wheel ABS

Is it possible to upgrade an old 89 RABS to the later 4 Wheel ABS? I would love the added braking quality/safety, but I fear the newer abs controllers may in fact be tied into the OBDII system. I'm interested in upgrading the front discs to the dual piston calipers from a 95 (as well as a rear...
  7. Nez'sRanger

Another “What is this plug for?”

No way!!! That's an awesome idea! I deleted my ac years ago. Never thought of using the button to power something else!
  8. Nez'sRanger

bit off more than I can chew 1986

There's a really good book on our "lovely" 2.9s called "How-To Build and Modify Ford 60 Degree Engines" by Sven Pruett. Don't let the stupid $400 Amazon one get you down. Keep looking on eBay. They turn up a LOT cheaper. While it may be geared for a performance build, it still is very helpful...
  9. Nez'sRanger

Anyone tried to fix valve covers leak with this ?

I've thought of using those myself (haven't got to rebuilding my spare engine yet, though). In theory, they should help a lot. My understanding is they replace the weird wing washers with a thick torque distributing band. I'm currently running felpro gaskets with the service manual's...
  10. Nez'sRanger

89 Ranger towing options

I want to buy a new hitch mount for my 89 2.9 extended cab. The one that came with it looked a little too rigged for my liking (like a diy welding job). They even took a torch and cut out pieces of the bumper. Is there a factory/factory endorsed towing package that I can look for? I'd want the...
  11. Nez'sRanger

Fuel pump issue?

Well, I checked and double checked, and my pump is fine. I recently changed gas stations, and I think the new gas dislodged done sludge. I put some Chevron techtron in the tank, and it hasn't done anything goofy since.
  12. Nez'sRanger

Fuel pump issue?

Yea, filter was replaced a month or so before the pump. Key was off when I pulled the fuse. It's an 89
  13. Nez'sRanger

Fuel pump issue?

Hey all! My ranger has been running beautifully for months now that I worked most of it's bugs out. This morning, I drive it to work, no problem. But, when I got in and fired it up to go to lunch, and it ran for a little bit, and then it died. It's got a full tank, so I'm assuming the pump just...
  14. Nez'sRanger

1990 2.9 map sensor?

That vacuum line goes behind your dash and operates something to do with the A/C system. I replaced my wiring harness a while back and followed that line for the heck of it... It looks like it opens a vane when you turn on the A/C. The map sensor would be located above the ac unit in the...
  15. Nez'sRanger

1st/2nd gen Roof leak/rust prevention PSA

What sealants are you guys using? I'd like to use something that won't interfere with a future paint job/or is paintable itself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad