• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Radar12158

1. Elusive Coolant Leak

Can't seem to pinpoint a coolant leak on my 97 Ranger,2.3 5spd. The water pump is dry. Same thing for the thermostat hsg and upper hose. In the morning I have a few drips of coolant under the front of the motor and a drop hanging off the bottom of the crank pulley. I can pump the cooling system...
  2. Gear Swap Update

Well, I've got my ring & pinion swap done. 97 Ranger 7.5 rear end. I went from a 4.10 ratio to a 4.56. I was considering a 5.30 ratio but i'm glad i didn't. I'm running 235/75R15s (had 225/70R14s originally) and the swap gave just a bit lower final drive ratio without making in undriveable on...
  3. Ring gear question..

Hi guys. I've put 235/75R/15s on my 97 Ranger 2.3 5spd manual. It originally had 225/70R/14 tires. I cant decide if i should put a 4.56 or a 5.13 gear set in the rear end to get a bit of performance back. I have a small boat that i pull with this truck. Anybody have any input? Thanks!
  4. Cam Timeing

Anybody have any experience with advancing or retarding cam timeing for better mileage/power. I have a 97 2.3 5spd.
  5. 7.5 Rear end question

I have a 97 ford ranger 5spd. 4cyl. I have a 4.10 rear axle ratio & I'm running 235/75/15 tires. Is there a lower (numerically higher) rear end that I could swap in to this truck without converting to an 8.8 rear end. I need a bit more grunt in the low end so i can pull my boat. My truck has...
  6. Ranger axle alignment

I'm planning on raising the front end on my stock 97 Ranger 2wd. so the truck sits level. Does that usually require installing aftermarket offset ball joint bushings to get the alignment right? Are the stock bushing even adjustable? Thanks!
  7. 97 Ranger one piece driveshaft swap.

I,m contemplating on replaceing the two piece driveshaft in my 97 Ranger,5spd manual 2wd. with a one piece shaft out of a 98+ model. I,m. trying to eliminate a driveshaft vibration. The truck at its stock riding height. Anybody else attempted this before? I read the tech article about the one...
  8. 97 Ranger 5spd. noise on decell.

I'm getting a rumble about the same amplitude as a drive shaft/u-joint at about 40 mph when decelerating in 4th. of 5th. gear only. I've had the drive shaft out & manipulated the u-joints. All good there. Diff input shaft tight & no metal on drain plug. No metal on trans drain plug ether...
  9. Ranger transmission ID.

I am replaceing the Mazda M50D-R1 transmission in my 97 Ranger with another good (hopefully) used one. My Ranger and the donor are both 97s with the 2.3 engine. The parts tag on the transmissions have different numbers. Anything I need to know here? Anybody know how to decode the numbers. Thanks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad