• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by redrangerjim

1. 83 2.3 lwb sending unit

Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a fuel sending unit for an 83 with a 2.3? None of the local parts stores or the dealer offer them. Will on from anorhter year fit the tank?
  2. 83 2.3 3.73 tire size

I have an 83 4x4 with 2.3, 4speed, 3.73 gears and 235/75/15 tires. I have a new timing belt and carb and timing is correct. Runs good but feels weak. Will changing to 215/75/15's make a noticable difference in power?
  3. 2.3 replacement carb

I have an 83 Ranger 4x4 with a 2.3 and 4 speed. The motor has been replaced with one out of and older model Courier. The carb is ins bad shape and in need of replacement. Will it matter what the replacemnet carb comes from? Car or truck? It seems easier to find a carb for a late 70's early 80's...
  4. 2.3 timing belt/cam gear

I have an 83 4x4 with a 2.3 4 cyl and 4 speed. When I got it, it was not running and i have discovered the timing belt broken. It had been running when it was parked 4-5 months ago. I think the belt broke when trying to start it after sitting. I have pulled the cover off and am almost ready to...
  5. New Ranger owner

Just took possession of a "nice" 83 longbed,2.3,4 speed,4 mismatched tires(2 235/75/15 and 2 30x9.5x15). Has been sitting a while but the motor and trans are both recently rebuilt. Has a firing issue that I plan to address and get it running soon. I've been reading on the site and it looks like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad