• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RiverRoadInfidel

1. RiverRoadInfidel

Shielding tape for spout wiring?

Thanks, Ron! Would Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil, cut into strips to facilitate wrapping and sprayed on the backside with adhesive suffice? I was worried that the braided wire wrapped around the spout and two other wires in the little plastic harness didn't connect to anything and stopped about 6"...
  2. RiverRoadInfidel

Shielding tape for spout wiring?

Could someone tell me what type of shielding tape I need to re-wrap the spout/PIP wiring from ICM to ECM? Some of the tapes I've seen online are rather expensive so I want to be certain I'm buying the right type. Also, there is a small braided cable that wraps around the 3 wires in the harness...
  3. RiverRoadInfidel

E2A vs. P2A ECM

I tried to start truck with with the fuel pump jumpered to negative battery terminal. It has always been quick to fire up. With the fuel pumps running it never attempted to start. I got this through Advance Auto and it came with a return label so it'll go back tomorrow. Is there somewhere I can...
  4. RiverRoadInfidel

E2A vs. P2A ECM

I didn't try to start it but I will in the morning and post the results. Thanks so much for your help!
  5. RiverRoadInfidel

E2A vs. P2A ECM

Not knowing any better, I bought one. The silver spray paint seems to be its best feature so far. I really wanted to open it up and see if it looks any better than my 37 yr old ECM but I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize my being able to get a refund!
  6. RiverRoadInfidel

E2A vs. P2A ECM

With the "new" ECM hooked up and jumper wire from fuel pump slot to negative battery terminal the relay closes and fuel pumps come on. With test light from fuel pump slot to positive terminal, I get nothing. No relay closing and no fuel pumps. I assume my "new" computer isn't functioning...
  7. RiverRoadInfidel

E2A vs. P2A ECM

Should the two ECMs below be interchangeable? Mine, the lower one (E6TF12A650E2A), has three leaking capacitors and a fourth that resides atop its own little patch of blueish-white corrosion. It being 37 years old, I felt it might be handy to have a replacement in the event it should fail. I...
  8. RiverRoadInfidel

Rubber fuel injection hose vs. Nylon Fuel line

Is there any reason I can't use rubber F.I. hose and hose clamps in place of the nylon/plastic stuff on my 86 Ranger. I'm getting fed up with its brittle nylon line and plastic ends that can be anything but "quick dis-connect!" Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad