• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rsm5773

1. Engine Miss dubbed ( the money pit )

I bought a 1985 bronco for 195.00 in good shape body wise with a overheated 2.8. I decided to just buy another used engine and swap it in and do the duraspark conversion while i'm at it. I bought all new parts for the duraspark and wired it up per the instructions on the duraspark conversion on...
  2. Slow Cranking

I bought a motor that had been sitting for a 1 year. 2.8 out of a 85 ranger. spun over fine, had good compression, etc. This is all the parts that I installed before I set the engine in, I'm sure I forgot a bunch. Ive done the duraspark conversion all new parts, oil pump, lashed the valves, new...
  3. Distributor issues

I have a 85 Bronco II that had a bad 2.8 engine that I pulled out and replaced with a 85 ford ranger 2.8. In this process I'm doing the duraspark conversion and bought the distributor from Autozone per the duraspark conversion part # in the technical library. I'm having a hell of a time...
  4. Valve Lash ( setting the valves )

I looked around and haven't seen a post on start to finish on setting the valve lash on the 2.8. Does anyone have a how to? On finding TDC to remove the distributor bring #1 up and feel for #5 intake valve to start to just move and that TDC #1 ?? Tell me if I'm wrong, follow the firing order...
  5. 2.8 Blown Head

I just bought a 85 Bronco ii and the previous owner overheated it to the point of shut off. The engine still ran and had a slight tick but also has a blown head gasket. Now I know that no one can guarantee anything but how bad are the 2.8 for cracking. I'm going to check for warpage with a...
  6. Hello from Florida

I just bought a 85 Bronco ii XLT 99,000 original miles with a blown head gasket for 200. The overall condition of it is really good. Wow great site Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad