• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by scurfman

1. 98 wont start

I have a 98 4.0L 4x4 with the OHV. Three times now in the past few weeks my truck has not started. The first time I thought it was my starter because it had plenty of juice. I hit the starter and it started. The second time I assumed that it was my starter and was going to replace it but I...
  2. Weird idle noise, sounds like marbles. Please read.

I have a 98' 4x4 automatic with the 4.0 ohv. I just turned 100,000 miles and am noticing a noise that seems to be getting proggresively worse. It is not real loud but is definately noticable. It sounds kind of like marbles rattling around. Not really a knock or squeal. I really can only hear it...
  3. 4x4 IFS rebuild, opinions needed, THANKS

First off, Thanks for helping me out. This is a great website. Here is my new question. I have a 98' 4x4 ranger with the off road package. My truck is nearing 100,000 miles and I have had 32" BFG mud terrains on for about 50,000 miles. I know that I need lower ball joints but if I am going to...
  4. 98' 4x4 - Front End Rebuild - Opinions Needed

First off, Thanks for helping me out. This is a great website. Here is my new question. I have a 98' 4x4 ranger with the off road package. My truck is nearing 100,000 miles and I have had 32" BFG mud terrains on for about 50,000 miles. I know that I need lower ball joints but if I am going to...
  5. Funny Intake Noise, please help me diagnose!

Hello, I have a 98 Ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 OHV. Recently it started making this really loud droning/siren noise. It will only do it at or near an idol and only when the engine is hot and the outside temp is hot. Seems to be worse when the a/c is on. The noise is definately coming from the air...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad