• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Steeven

1. Bolt for shakles versus bolt at the front of the leaf spring

Guys, Are these 2 bolts the same? I need the bolts for the shackle to the leaf spring and the bolts for the shackle to the shackle support. I got 2 bolts that are for the front of the leaf spring, but I would like to know if they can be used at the back, size wise. Looks like it will fit at...
  2. Lowered 1997

I'm in the process of getting a lowering kit for the 97 2x4. I know i'll have to do an alignment, but is there enough adjustment in the ranger suspension system to compensate for a 3-4 drop or will i need to get some special parts to allow for a proper alignment? Thanks
  3. Interior lights upgraded

Just did it in my Ranger last night. Really a night and day difference.
  4. I'm coming along well

Added LED bulbs, even if some people say it's a no-no. I also change the roof bulb with a LED 906 and it makes a great difference!
  5. I'm coming along well

I just checked and its a 3.08. So good for mileage, but no so much to feel the engine's power.
  6. I'm coming along well

Yes I did some maintenance and yes, the air filter was dirtier than any filter I seen before. Oil is changed. It runs very good, so I don't know if I want to change plugs and risking breaking them... I will change the oil in the transmission and the differential this summer.
  7. I'm coming along well

Yeah, I'm complaining with my mouth full. lol.
  8. I'm coming along well

I'd love that too, but an auto is what I have. lol
  9. I'm coming along well

It would. I did it to my mustang in the past. But I'm not looking for power with this ranger. I just want to enjoy it as it is.
  10. I'm coming along well

I mean that it feels underpower compared to the other vehicles I drove. I had 2 manual rangers with he 2.3 and they felt as powerful as this one. I also had a 2003 with the later version of the 4.0 (160hp vs 200hp) and they don't feel like the same truck. The last vehicles I owned had 300hp...
  11. I'm coming along well

I'm still hesitant to drop it. It's my 4th ranger / mazda B and I never lowered one. It's an automatic with the 4.0. I have nothing against the auto trans as I'm not 20 anymore, but the 4.0 is just a noisy lump of metal. But it got only 68,000 miles, all done by the previous owner...so I...
  12. I'm coming along well

Thanks, I agree. I think they came gray from the factory. From what I could see, the previous owner painted them with a brush at some point. I gave them a quick coat because I wanted it to be ready for the summer, but I'll re-work them at some point.
  13. I'm coming along well

Being in Canada and knowing it has seen all salty winters since 97, I'll take that as a big compliment. However, it's not without fault. It's just a good angled picture!
  14. I'm coming along well

Got this one last fall and it's coming along well. Did some maintenance and work on the paint. Just got the windows tainted. I remove the box and the plastic bed protection and I was surprised to see how nice is the box. I'm *now debating if I should drop it a bit. Cheers
  15. Need ideas for painting bumpers.

I want to paint the bumpers, the grill and the trim above the grill. I have to decide on colors. The front and the back bumpers are steel and I think they were chrome when new. They are now painted light grey. I'm thinking going black. I would probably not go for a gloss or a matte black...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad