• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by susieranger

1. Possible Clutch Problem. Any Ideas?

I was driving down he road in my 4 cylinder 5 speed standard Ranger with no problems, when I suddenly had some trouble shifting gears. After it progressively got worse, I pulled over in a parking lot, got it into reverse, and now it won't shift out of reverse at all. There were no unusual...
  2. 3.0 Won't Start When Hot

My 3.0 '92 Ranger won't start when hot. After a couple of hours it cools off and starts fine. I replaced the fender mounted solenoid, tested the battery, and retightend connections but it did no good. I'm still getting that one clicking sound coming from the solenoid when I try to start it hot...
  3. Spindle Remova and Installation

I'm trying to replace the spindle on my 2wd 3.0 '92 Ranger and am having a problem getting it off. I've removed the two nuts and the one bolt and also the top joint "insert", but it still doesn't want to drop down. I've sprayed it pretty good with wd40 and banged on it pretty good with a hammer...
  4. Spindle Removal/Installation

I'm trying to replace the spindle on my 2wd 3.0 '92 Ranger and am having a problem getting it off. I've removed the two nuts and the one bolt and also the top joint "insert", but it still doesn't want to drop down. I've sprayed it pretty good with wd40 and banged on it pretty good with a hammer...
  5. Spindle Compatibility

Does anyone know if a '91 3.0 2wd spindle will work on my '92 3.0 2wd Ranger? I have always thought that it would, but I have been given two different opinions. Thanks so much.
  6. Front Brake/Bearing Problem

I overhauled my front brakes ('92 2-WD) a few weeks ago with new rotors, calipers/pads, and bearings/seals, and today I suddenly started hearing noises from the front right rotor. I pulled over, jacked it up, and the wheel moved up and down like the bearings are out. I opened the grease cap and...
  7. '92 Ranger 3.0 2wd Hub Nut Torque

Anyone know how tight I should torque the front hub nut on my Ranger after packing the wheel bearings. Thanks very much.
  8. '92 Ranger 3.0 2wd

I am about to try a front brake job on my '92 Ranger. Does anyone know what size of a socket I will need to remove my hub nut to get to the bearings? I don't have a specs book. Thanks very much for any help you can give!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad