• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tandangerranger

1. tandangerranger

Should I rebuild?

My truck has over 200k miles on it with the original motor. I have noticed a great loss in low end power, and drop in mpg. Is it worth my time and money to rebuild the motor, or should I buy an used running motor?
  2. tandangerranger

Places to go wheelin IL?

I live in oklahoma city but I grew up in central IL(Mt. Olive). I drive up there alot and I was wondering if anyone knew of some offroad parks in that area.
  3. tandangerranger

8.8 or 7.5?

OK, a little while back i had to replace the seals and bearings on my rear axle. When I went to autozone to get the parts I told them it was for an 8.8 because thats what the tag says. When I went to put them on I could tell the parts were not going to fit. So I went back and got the 7.5 parts...
  4. tandangerranger

River Pics

I went down to the river this weekend and took a few pics. The water was very low, so I was able to cross pretty easy. Tire still has a little clearance fully flexed, but not much.
  5. tandangerranger

bumper plans

I have some sketches i made for building a tube bumper. I will be welding the tubes to the existing winch bracket. I have never bent steel tubing so i was wondering can this be done with a cheap hand pump bender?
  6. tandangerranger

Can't sell it

Well, i was going to sell my 94 ranger and look for a car. When i started getting offers it made me think what the hell am i doing? I have some sort of strong attachment to my ranger. I have had it for 7 years now and dont think i will ever move on. Who wants a car anyway?
  7. tandangerranger

Mini Truck

So I am thinking of buying one of these japanese mini trucks(similarto the one in the picture). They do pretty well off road and they are now legal to drive on the road in Oklahoma. I was going to get a 4 wheeler but these are street legal. What do you think?
  8. tandangerranger

Life of my 94'

Here are some photos of the transformation of my 1994 ford ranger 4.0 Here's a similar photo to what it was when i bought it. It was 2wd in 2004. Here is after 4x4 conversion and 4" susp lift in 2007. After new paint last year. This is the most current picture taken last week. I have future...
  9. tandangerranger

Broke the housing on my front axle

I was playing around in the snow that we recently got here in oklahoma city when I noticed alot of noise in the front axle. I knew it was probably bad bearings, but didn't know which bearings. After I heard a big noise and my truck stopped, I got out to find the bearings fallen out behind the...
  10. tandangerranger

How is Disney?

I have been wanting to go to disney, ok since I heard about it last year. I don't know anyone that has been there. I was just wondering if anybody had been there and how tuff it is. Should I plan on breaking things? It is kind of far away for me to be breaking things without a trailer to haul my...
  11. tandangerranger

Finally took some pictures

Here is an old picture of my 94'. Here is a new pic after I painted it. I guess I will have to change my name to greendangerranger.
  12. tandangerranger

Running rich

I hust started having issues with my 94 the other day. When i let off the gas the engine stalls, but it will runs erratically if I keep on the gas with black smoke from the exhaust. I changed the fuel pressure regulator, just assuming it was the problem but no help. So I pulled codes and this is...
  13. tandangerranger

Transmission?

I am going to be swapping a 302 in my 94 ranger with a 3" boddy lift. I bought a 1986 f150 for $300. It has an auto tranny in it, but I want to use a f5 speed. Is the m50d-r2 good to use? I will not be beefing up the engine at all. Just a simple rebuild and thats it. The transfer case is an np 208.
  14. tandangerranger

Mounted a winch

I just bought an 8,000lb winch from harbor freight the other day and finally got it mounted. I have already tried it out about 10 times my first time out with it. Now I just need to build a bumper around it. There are so many mods I want to do but just need time. It is going well considering...
  15. tandangerranger

Found a 302

I found this for $30 bucks. I plan on starting the rebuild on it next week. Going to try to keep it pretty simple and keep the stock specs. That is if I don't have to get it bored. I have not checked the internals yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad