• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by The_Dealer

1. The_Dealer

Calling all 1st and 2nd gen rbv owners with 5spd and manual tcase. I need your help!!

Ok guys this is prolly the wierdest shit anyones asked for on trs. I'm looking for someone with an fm145 or 146 trans and manual tcase to help me out. I swapped out my 2.8 for a 5.0 and like an idiot I sold my floor plate and boot. Well it turns out that the m5r1 plate won't work with the m5r2...
  2. The_Dealer

Started the swap, need some opinions and expertise

Ok well the 2.8 is out, and I've gotten my motor back from the man. Its. 94 5.0 from an econoline van. Its been rebuilt .30 over, stock heads with a 5 angle valve job, he used top notch parts from summit, with percys, fel pro, and mr gasket gaskets. High volume oil pump, dual sump pan, comp cams...
  3. The_Dealer

need general wiring help

Ok guys, I'm in mid 5.0 swap, got the motor back from the man. Gonna run an edelbrock avs carb, had one in the past and it worked good. Gonna go efi in the future. Anyways I'm going to run an elect fuel pump, and need help with wiring. I want it to come on with the key like factory electrical...
  4. The_Dealer

tranny to tcase bolt size?

Somehow I lost all the trans to taces bolts. The ones that attach the tcase to the tailhousing of the trans. Well I think I actually misplaced them. Anyone know the size of them? Maybe I won't have to go straight to the ford dealer
  5. The_Dealer

Calling all lighting experts

I have an h4 hid kit that I bought h11 bulbs for. Wellthe relay harness for the h4 hid kit won't plug into my h11 factory light connector. Its the one stock headlight plug that plugs into the harness to tell the hid ballast when to work. What can I do to adapt the h4 female plug on my hid...
  6. The_Dealer

Parting out my B2

Well guys I decided I'm going to part out the b2. I have some other projeccts going on and I can't keep the b2 up like I wanted to. I will sell as a whole(runs good just needs a non feedback carb and duraspark disty) or will sell what parts anyone needs. I figured I would post up here to all u...
  7. The_Dealer

Choptop with ranger bedrails

Has anyone on here done it? I've done a lot of searching. I'm wanting pics of the pillar still intact like the fsb's and what people have done to mold them into the curve where the window was. Basically I want to keep the pillar behind the door to run a soft top and have the same flow as the big...
  8. The_Dealer

Play in steering

Been trying to figure out why my steering sucks so bad so I go to checking things. Both rag joints are go. I have about an inch or more of play in the steering wheel when I turn it back in forth. There is no slop down to the steering box, but after that nothing moves when the wheel is turned...
  9. The_Dealer

Found a motor,is it a good start?

Borrowed a neighbors timing light, and was looking around for a 4.0 and found something better. A 5.0 out of an unknown year econoline van, which he said ran good before he pulled it. Everything is complete, and it has the gt40 looking intake on it. I can get it for 250 complete with ac comp...
  10. The_Dealer

Stonecrusher type steering

Well I emailed anthony and he said the rbv steering has stopped temporarily due to some differences. So I want to make a steering set up. I know how to make the linkage but have a few questions. What size tubing should I use? What size heims should I use? How should I attatch the heims to the...
  11. The_Dealer

Parking brake cables too short

Since I went from 2" of lift to 4" my parking brake cables are too short, and they limit flex. What have u guys done about this?
  12. The_Dealer

help me read my plugs

Sorry for the bad pic. Here's what my plugs look like. They fine or do I need to go with a smaller jet size?
  13. The_Dealer

The dreaded 2.8 to 4.0 swap

I'm wanting to do this and searching has turned up nothing. First question is, what year donor vehicle do I need? I was thinking of a 1st gen expO. Or should I go newer? I'm going to keep my fm146 for now then m5 it later down the road. The main reason forr the swap is drivability and efi. Ok...
  14. The_Dealer

Explorer leaves vs b2 with aal

Well my rear springs are shaped like a W and I have a broken leaf and I got some lean going on so I'm wanting to replace with some expo leaves. I have an aal in my b2 now and I'm trying to keep the rear around the same height or a little higher. Will the expo ones sit about the same as my b2...
  15. The_Dealer

HID question

i put some h4 hid's in my conversion headlights, and have a question. first off they are dimmer then my h4 halogen bulbs, and on high beams they dont go as far. they have this metal plate thing on them do i need to remove this thing? its held on by 2 phillips head screws. looking at the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad