• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ThermonuclearWarrior

1. ThermonuclearWarrior

1997 B3000 manual tranny making noise in 3rd and 5th (O/D) need help to diagnose!

I have a 1997 Mazda B-3000. The transmission makes a strange sound in 3rd and 5th (Overdrive.) It makes it in the other gears too, but it's quieter. Also seems to make a noise when it's in neutral if the truck is moving. I'm told it's the transmission itself. Need some help diagnosing the issue...
  2. ThermonuclearWarrior

What is different about my truck??

Ok, when I go to tirerack, and try to tell it to show me tires, whenever I pick my year/model... (1998 XLT, according to the badge on the truck.) I get 195/70-14, 205/70-14, or 215/70-14... when the truck itself says the size should be 225/70R15. Why is this? Is it an option package or...
  3. ThermonuclearWarrior

1998 Ranger brakes repair/upgrade, best quality parts?

The time is coming to do the brakes on my 98 Ranger soon... I have been contemplating an explorer rear axle swap to get 4 wheel disc. Or converting to Mustang GT brakes. Also just getting better quality replacement for the stock parts. Any suggestions? Also, what about ceramic shoes for the rear...
  4. ThermonuclearWarrior

Anyone heard anything about this lift/leveling kit?

Found a kit I like for my ranger. http://www.mcbayperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1706%282%29/MP-F2001 Anyone ever heard anything, or dealt with this kit?? Thanks! :)
  5. ThermonuclearWarrior

Pics of my truck/Suggestions for upgrades/mods??

Ok, so I posted earlier about my truck, and now I am posting some pictures :) http://s1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh535/CarnivorousBastard/ You can see the rims I took off my town car in some of the pics. Bonus points for anyone that recognizes any of the places the pics were taken :D
  6. ThermonuclearWarrior

Lifting/Modding my 98 2wd single cab

Ok, so I have a '98 single cab step-side, 2wd. Loving the MPG (about 25.) I plan to do several mods over the next 9 months or so, wanted some input. I will post some pics soon, have not had time recently. Work a lot in the summer :/ I am thinking of these tires, have read a lot of good things...
  7. ThermonuclearWarrior

Hello from Upstate NY!

Been following the forums for a little while, since I got my ranger a few months back. Got some questions, but I figured I would introduce myself first! Anyone else in my area?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad