• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone heard anything about this lift/leveling kit?

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, I'll answer then. It's unlikely that you can get more than a couple of inches of lift before the front becomes unalignable, you can make spacers out of large washers for a very small financial investment. you can make blocks from square tube for a few dollars. new larger ubolts are available from any place that does big truck suspensions for really cheap. To sum things up you could put together a small simple lift for way less than fifty bucks and it would still be alignable. All this information (and more) is available in the tech library.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Martin, are you thinking of coil suspension? The OP is looking at a 98 to 01 suspension lift for sla front, not ttb.
Sorry, I don't have any experience with those systems.

Richard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was looking into doing that too. Or the washers and the spacers out of a 4x4 ranger rear suspension. My problem is time. I work 60 hours a week and drive an hour and a half to get back and forth to work, 6 days a week. So I got a 4 day vacation coming up, and was hoping to squeeze the work in then. The kit would just make it faster. I'd rather do it more cheaply though. Seems like the lift can't be more than 2" in the front before I need camber spacers, or something of the sort, right? The back doesn't so much matter, but it should clear 31's anyway, I think. Could just lift the front 2" with washers. Not too clear on how many to use though! But thanks for the input :D Also, yeah I have coils in the front, not torsion bars. 98 was the first year without the torsion bars, I believe.

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Martin, are you thinking of coil suspension? The OP is looking at a 98 to 01 suspension lift for sla front, not ttb.
Sorry, I don't have any experience with those systems.

Richard
the OP has a 2wd truck, all of the "normal" 2wd trucks were coil sprung. this is of course assuming he doesnt have one of the "special" torsion spring 2wd trucks.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nah, plain old 2wd step side. 2.5l 5-speed manual. No AC, crank windows.

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You get what you pay for...

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Oops, didn't notice the year of the truck. I guess drinking and computering is not the thing to do.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals