• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tk_427

1. 99 Ranger 3.0 Engine coolant issues

Issue resolved. Even though the glove test proved negative, the shop tried the dye test and this time it came back positive for a blown head gasket, and boy, was it blown! It was blown in 3 spots. 2 of the pistons looked brand new because of the amount of coolant that was flash steaming them...
  2. 99 Ranger 3.0 Engine coolant issues

i believe that the hose was replaced as well. Could there be an issue with the overflow tank?
  3. 99 Ranger 3.0 Engine coolant issues

Yes, new radiator cap installed with the new Radiator.
  4. 99 Ranger 3.0 Engine coolant issues

I'm completely stumped and so is my local garage. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0L Flex fuel with only 77k. We can't seem to get the radiator to stop overflowing the reservoir tank. The coolant will go into the overflow tank and not be siphoned back into the radiator. This usually only...
  5. DPFE Hose replacement tip

First post here, so if this needs to be moved feel free to put it in the correct location. This weekend my 1999 Ranger 3.0L XLT threw a P1405 engine code. A quick look at the DPFE sensor and I discovered that the hoses were rotted through. I purchased hoses and proceeded to pull the old ones...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad