• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by VetteNZman

1. VetteNZman

1987 2L High Norm Temp

Looks like things are ok after the 50 mile drive test on the new radiator. Point and shoot temp checker was at about 195 to 200F. Gauge at mid range.
  2. VetteNZman

1987 2L High Norm Temp

Update on this - not clear that a possible small radiator leak was the temp issue either since I've now replace the radiator. I was reading on a Mustang site where folks there claim if you do not get the correct Motorcraft sender, the gauge will likely never read correct. Some noted they have...
  3. VetteNZman

1987 2L High Norm Temp

Ron, thanks so much for the comprehensive guide. Here's what I found Sat. on cold startup. Temp rise on the heater and top rad lines looked ok, however, while I was looking at them I noticed a small drip and puddle below the left lower corner of the radiator. So at this time I'm assuming I...
  4. VetteNZman

1987 2L High Norm Temp

Hello, ‘87 2.0L temp gauge is staying at a high normal on interstate driving (30miles, 60F). For a while temp appeared stable at mid NORM. Since I completed a years worth of slow work on my ranger the temp gauge shows high. I run heat high to try to mitigate. I think temp should be between...
  5. VetteNZman

Hi from N.C....

Have used this great site for many years since I got my $200 ‘87 Ranger 2WD in 2006. Just got done with a minor restore: cab painted, diff service, 100% LED lighting, shocks, spring bushings, wheels ($30 steel trailer wheels), wheel bearings. To do: vac leaks, maybe front suspension updates...
  6. VetteNZman

rain gutter on 90 ranger

Just did it on the 1987. Clean out, POR15, prime, seam sealer, prime, paint. Did well for me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad