• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Warmblood58

1. Weak Brakes? Ideas?

Thanks all - good suggestions, rotors and pads top quality. I think I will push out old fluid and rebleed and see what result I get and before I do so, double check hoses and/or replace - new MC not out of the question, bench bleed that and get that into the mix, thanks. I understand the...
  2. Weak Brakes? Ideas?

Hi all, my new to me '93 XLT 4wd (manual lock hubs five speed 4.0 OHV) brakes seem weak and as I have no basis for comparison other than other vehicles, it seems to me this ranger has a pretty weak braking system - are they just this way? Front brake rotors and pads just changed 3,000 miles...
  3. Maintenance Question 4x4 Manual

I used my 4x4 system yesterday ('93 Ranger 4.0 OHV Manual trans, manual locking hubs, etc) and had some binding without full wheel lock and was wondering from a maintenance standpoint, anything I need to do on this '93 in the front to ease operation? Front diff fluid was just changed, grease...
  4. Exhaust work -Removing Exhaust Mani Bolts

In the past I have been lucky removing exhaust studs known to break (Volvo 740 series) I am going stick with my stock exhaust manifolds and do some cat back work-the down pipes were recently mangled by a pro and would like a exhaust shop to make those sections new. In the meantime, My exhaust...
  5. 2 into 2 Legal in California?

Been thinking about headers for my 4.0 OHV - possible to install 2 into 2 in California legally? 2 into 2 overkill?
  6. ‘93 Ranger Clutch install Gone Bad

Nothing like watching a “pro” mechanic mangle new parts ....this is why I do my own work 90% of the time. In this case, its a clutch job on my 4x4 which necessitates a lift, etc. Will absolutely never use these asshats in the future. Its been painful to watch and costly, probably going to wind...
  7. New Clutch Time Advice Please

So my '92 4x4 4.0 Ranger's clutch is starting to slip . . . this explains previous stinky clutch smell that I have noted in the past just feathering the clutch. I know that I will need to resurface flywheel and because clutch slave on my trans is internal, will need to replace this along with...
  8. 1993 4x4 XLT -Greaseable Front Axle Ujoints on Dana 35?

The ujoints and shaft look pretty rusty on my front Dana 35 diff and wondering if these shafts came equipped with greasable ujoints? Truck has 132,000 miles, 4.0 OHV, five speed, LS in back. Finally getting to this area of the truck after bying 12 months ago. Thanks!
  9. Dana 35 Front Diff question

I am going to service my front and rear differentials on my '93 4x4 and have a question. It would be nice to have warm diff gear oil when draining and I know after a 30 min drive it should be plenty warm to drain on the rear but what about the front? I assume that nothing is happening up front...
  10. My front and rear diff codes

Rear, 3L73 8.8! So it appears I do have a limited slip 8.8 rear end for this '93 4.0L OHV five speed and on the front diff D32L-J and pumpkin has ribs so I assume this is a true Dana 35 versus the hybrid 35? Thanks!
  11. Tire Recs for My 4x4?

I put some BF Goodrich Mud Terrains on my 1993 Ranger and love the look but from a safety standpoint I have been surprised at low speed sudden braking how they slide on pavement . . . duh! Is there a tire that has an offroad look on the sidewall with a pavement tread pattern that someone can...
  12. Most efficient way to gain HP with the 4.0L V6?

Hello all, so far I am enjoying my '93 4x4 XLT with the 4L SOHC V6. It never fails to start quickly, fires almost immediately, but the power produced is somewhat underwhelming. Truck is tuned perfectly (135,000 miles) and runnning on Amsoil - pretty dry engine too - no leaks, runs nice and cool...
  13. Manual TCase Shift Range Adjustment Procedure?

I have a '93 4x4 XLT with the 4.0liter V6. Using my four wheel drive system for the first time the other day resulted in the shift linkage pin popping out of the shift fork somehow. I was able to reorient pin to fork but it occurred to me that shift range must be out of adjustment as it feels...
  14. '93 with Manual Hubs Stuck in Low Range -Help!

Hi, used my new to me Ford Ranger 4x4 system on a steep driveway yesterday. I was able to lock hubs (manual system not automatic) and shift tcase in lowrange. All was fine, but now I cannot get this truck out of low range. What I am doing wrong? Procedure? This truck is a '93 XLT with manual...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad