• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sd359

‘90 4.0 CHECK ENGINE Light turns on and off while driving

I had a similar problem several years back. Check engine light coming on at random. Got a low voltage MAF sensor code. After many hours of checking I took it to my buddy who runs a garage. It took them over 10 hours to find the problem. There is a wiring harness that goes in behind the battery...
  2. sd359

94 Ranger push button 4wd not working

Thanks for the help. Unhooked and tested the 4wd module behind drivers seat, it was fine, plugged the harnesses back in and it works. Must have been a bad connection to the module. Again thanks for the help.
  3. sd359

Sitting still, foot on the brake, in neutral and clutch pedal on the floor, held for a few seconds tried this numerous times, tried it with motor running and motor off nothing.
  4. sd359

Went out today and hooked up to my boat pushed the 4wd button and nothing. I checked the fuse in the power distribution box it was good. Could use some help in finding the problem. Don't know if it matters but I moved the bed back and replaced the gas filler tube the other day but have done it...
  5. sd359

Need swap info

The 94 doesn't have a cam sensor and I think the 97 does.
  6. sd359

Cheap and easy mods to increase HP and performance

Your best bet is to read the building 4.0 for power. You can add headers for a fairly reasonable price and do the air intake a little different. I have headers and K&N filter on a stock built 4.0 with about 6000 miles now, I could tell the difference when I added the headers not alot but...
  7. sd359

Differences in 4.0 engines

Look at the TRS tech library. The engine tech section is filled with alot of knowledge on the 4.0
  8. sd359

Oh Brother - suddenly B4000/V6 won't fire up after running the day before!

First find out if it is fuel or spark related. What superunknown98 said is the best way, you can use starting fluid or throttle body cleaner directly in intake if it cranks it is fuel if not more than likely spark. Just don't get crazy and spray to much about a 1 sec burst into the front of the...
  9. sd359

‘94 Sputtering over 3000rpm

Does it have motorcraft o2 sensors. I had 2.9 that would not run correctly on Bosch. As long as I was accelerating or decelerating it was fine but at 55mph or steady speed it would miss and black smoke would pour out the pipes. After many days of chasing problems, I contacted our Ford dealer and...
  10. sd359

94 Ranger XLT 4x4 intermittent no start

My 94 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 will not crank at times. When I turn the key on the check engine light comes on and it will crank. Other times check engine light does not and the fuel pump does not come on. I used to tap the fuse box under the hood and I hear a buzz and it cranks. Now if I just leave...
  11. sd359

Looking for a A4LD

I had a a4ld in a 87 ranger 2wd rebuilt back in 98. It burnt up going down I81 at about 65mph blew front seal and most all the bands were welded together. It got so hot it cracked the starter ring. They used a core to rebuild and it was $950 in 98. I would be tickled with all the problems and it...
  12. sd359

LED headlights installed

I just installed LEDs in my truck. I have the clear headlight housings and no problems at all. On install you have to install the led correctly or you high/low is reversed, in that case, you just take them out rotate 180deg and put back in. I have had them for about a month and have been...
  13. sd359

Wanted Ranger Fog Light Brackets

I saw a set in the parts for sale threads check there.
  14. sd359

94 XLT Extended Cab parts

Bump
  15. sd359

94 XLT Extended Cab parts

Hey guys, I am searching for a drivers side factory fender flare and a mud flap bracket. Got hit several years back flare was tore up and bracket went missing. If you have these let me know and please send price. I am in Rocky Mount Va.
  16. sd359

94 4.0 rod and crank bolts

I know that the 4.0 head bolts are torque to yield but are the crank and rods bolts also. I am getting a parts list for a complete rebuild and was wondering if I need to get those as well.
  17. sd359

Top End Rebuild

I have 94 ranger 4.0 with 218,000 and have what seems to be head gasket or crack don't know which yet. I have a donor motor with 100,000. I can rework and switch heads but I think I am going to go through the spare motor and replace mine. I have been looking at prices depending on what all I...
  18. sd359

Fuel pump short

I had the problem again and checked all the connections on the driverside fenderwell just made sure they were all connected. The problem had not happened since. I have started the truck probably 10 times since. I just replaced the intake gasket about 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe the wires...
  19. sd359

Fuel pump short

I have a late year 1994 Ranger 4wd 4.0l extended cab. Form time to time when I turn the ignition switch on you don't hear the fuel pump run. Normally a few turns of the key and it starts and everything is fine. Today I tried to start engine just spun, after about 10 tries of not cranking I...
  20. sd359

94 4.0 Questions

Thanks for the info RonD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad