• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Whos Truck is this and does anyone...

Who's truck is this and does anyone know anything about it? Link to build thread or website? Thanks.
  2. 2.8 Exhaust port size?

What is the diameter of the exhaust ports? Is their room to be gasket matched to the stock gasket? Or is it pretty well matched like the intake side? Thanks.
  3. Parts needed for lowering 7/9?

I want to lower my 84.....7" front, 9" in the rear....what do I need? I've heard lowering springs but cant find any that go that low. What shocks do I need? Do I need to get lowering i-beams also?
  4. Forged internals?

Does the 2.8 have forged internals? Forged crank at least? Thanks in advance.
  5. Stock 2.8L timing?????

So where should my total timing be on a stock 2.8L? I think someone mentioned 23° is max? And usually likes about 10° at idle? Are there any official numbers or idea of where i should be setting it? What is my TOTAL adv timing and at what RPM? What does that typically leave you with for base...
  6. Stock Vacuum Readings 2.8L?

What are you guys getting for stock vacuum readings at idle for these motors? Wanna make sure im gonna have the right baseline going with the carburetor before i put it on. Thanks!
  7. How do i.....

Get these out? Lol. Are they caps or some sort of anti-tamper screws? Cant seem to get under them to pry them off. Got all new carb parts, trying to replace the thermostat while im at it. These clearly have threaded shanks because i can see the threads in the holes behind.
  8. Duraspark II, or HEI conversion questions.....

I have some questions regarding Duraspark II or HEI conversion. (Mostly leaning toward HEI because it seems more readily available at parts stores near me) 1. Do you really need the non feedback carb, or can i just strip the original carb of the electric parts and make a manual metering block...
  9. Name that part!!!!!

So im pretty sure this part is bad, but i cannot find what it is called anywhere. I keep hearing a popping noise like it is broken.....can someone tell me what the hell this is? Has a plug that is only like a 2-3 wire rectangle plug. Cant find sign of it anywhere at any parts store, or even...
  10. Name that part!!!!!

So im pretty sure this part is bad, but i cannot find what it is called anywhere. I keep hearing a popping noise like it is broken.....can someone tell me what the hell this is? Has a plug that is only like a 2-3 wire rectangle plug. Cant find sign of it anywhere at any parts store, or even...
  11. 2.8L Serpentine Conversion?

Is there any such thing as a Serpentine Conversion for the 2.8L? Let me know if this is possible....Part #s, pictures, belt routing and bracket sources are helpful! Thanks in advance.
  12. 71 Bronco 302 into an 84 Ranger

I have a 71 Bronco 302, I plan on swapping it into an 84 Ranger....ive got some general questions about these old 302's, and what works.....i would search them but the Search feature keeps messing up on my phone. Will the GT40 Explorer heads work on this motor? Are these the best "junkyard"...
  13. New Member, Long Time Creeper...

Hey all....my name is Zach, Ive been a Ford fan all my life, thanks to my dad. Been working with the 2.3's for a long time, a few 302 things here and there. Helped with an ARCA truck my dad crew chiefed for and built motors for. (dad passed away in 2011). I live in Southern Indiana, after my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad