• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. im desperate enough to make my own thread. 1988 ford 2.9 nightmare, need help getting it to run.

I guess it depends on the truck. My 87 has 270k miles all origional. Never had an issue with the 2.9. Got this 88 and it's constantly trying to put itself out of its misery despite me trying so hard to keep it on the road.
  2. im desperate enough to make my own thread. 1988 ford 2.9 nightmare, need help getting it to run.

I ended up bypassing the reservoir on my 87 and deep cleaned it on this 88. And I did end up get it running correctly. Ended up being 2 sets of injectors with the wrong flow rate. 🤬 but it runs great now minus the horrible valve train noise I can't quite figure out.
  3. im desperate enough to make my own thread. 1988 ford 2.9 nightmare, need help getting it to run.

Bit of an update. Cleaned the ground to the block and put the old sparkplugs back in and got it to run on starting fluid. Runs pretty well. But only on starting fluid. The second I plug the fuel relay back in it starts spitting and sputtering and stalls out. So I either have bad gas or the...
  4. im desperate enough to make my own thread. 1988 ford 2.9 nightmare, need help getting it to run.

this is a bit of a long story and the correct answer is i need to just get rid of the stupid lemon but i refuse to give up because i feel like i am so close to getting it finished. where all nightmares start is i bought a non running truck. 1988 ford ranger 2.9 v6 5 speed 4x4 with manual...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad