• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. homesculptor

Rebuild Issues with a 2004 M5R1 transmission.

We must be alumni, I went to that very same school
  2. homesculptor

I did order the lower cluster gear, and the input shaft that broke, along with the input shaft bearing and a few other related gizmos. I can put it back together, but not with the new brass rings like I wanted the gears look great.
  3. homesculptor

Really, all I really need are the brass rings. Mine look okay, but while I was there, why not put in new.
  4. homesculptor

I'm looking for the synchros for a 2004. Apparantly, the synchros are "multi piece." Not sure what the diff is between the original and the new mods after 2000. That's the problem, nobody really can tell me so far. These rangers don't break down enough for the learning curve to grow. I just got...
  5. homesculptor

I was looking for some new synchros, but the old are okay looking, as the new ones for an -04 are $600 or so. They changed the gears after 2001, but still call it a M5R1. Not all M5R1's are equal.
  6. homesculptor

Rebuild part acquisition problems with M5R1 transmission on a 2004 ranger 4.0

I've spoken with them in the past, but regarding the transfer case I rebuilt. Yes they were very friendly and eager to answer questions. I'll call them. Thanks much. I did find a trans with the same hull sticker # I have, and the same year. 500 bucks 18k, and only 5 bad reviews lol I could buy...
  7. homesculptor

Rebuild part acquisition problems with M5R1 transmission on a 2004 ranger 4.0

I have a 2004 ranger extended cab with the jump seats and 1/2 doors. It's a fx4 4x4 4.0. The input shaft broke, and I'm rebuilding the trans. It took out the cluster gear. All other parts are fine except for the input shaft bearing where it broke. I'm coming across a design change problem. The...
  8. homesculptor

M5R1 Rebuild Problems

I'm having problems finding a rebuild kit for the year 2004. I'm not sure what year mine changed, but the newer transmission has multi piece gears on 2 and I think a few other changes, and I don't know if the synchros are the same. I can't get any answers on this. Anybody have to build an 04...
  9. homesculptor

Yeah, so, It's like they want to sell you the whole multi piece 2nd gear, when all I need is the ring, and there never is a photo to compare what I have and what they are selling for $500 more.
  10. homesculptor

with the input and cluster shaft I still would have to buy, plus the master rebuild kit, plus needle bearings, I'd be at about the price for the one I'm getting with a warranty. I live up near Tahoe. I'd have to see the specs on it. But thanks for helping.
  11. homesculptor

It's a synchro that is different than the older models. In the older M5R1, its s single piece. The new models of the same transmission are beefed up a bit. It has a 3 piece synchro, which has been discontinued. So you can easily replace a prior years, no problem, I'm sure pick and pull has...
  12. homesculptor

Thanks guys! I'm sol on saving some cash, have to buy a used one I guess at a junk yard. I did find one, guaranteed for $750. Cheaper in total than the rebuild kit
  13. homesculptor

The M5R1 was modified, and the problem is gear 2-3. They don't make it any more apparently. I almost ordered parts, and would have been screwed. Anybody hit this situation, and what did you do? I wanted to rebuild my own, but the gear alone, costs about $600.00. I've found some reconditioned for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad