• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ignition key lock point/purpose?

More curious than anything, does anyone know why Ford decided to put the little lock that keeps the ignition key in until you push the little lever on steering column? I've had a few rangers, so I never thought twice about it and it doesn't bother me, automatic by this point but I've always...
  2. Where's your disengage point on clutch pedal?

Hey all, wanted to cross check the action of my clutch pedal with some of your other rangers! I've been slightly struggling with clutch issues in my 04, 4.0 SOHC 4x4. For clarity here I'm talking about when you are about to take off from a light, and you're slowly lifting your foot to apply...
  3. Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

Hey all, my 2004 ranger has the large plastic fender flares, in light grey which over the years has taken on an unsightly light ashy, marbled looking faded white pattern that looks pretty bad. The plastic marbling/tiger stripe look is pretty prominent and people have commented on it thinking I...
  4. Lets talk WEATHERSTRIPPING and SEALS! Camper, Tailgate and Window/Door!

I've been doing research and in the middle of doing some seal overhauls on my 2004 with extended cab and half doors with a camper. I've spent a little too much time researching into the various products but with rainy season fast approaching here and some seals needing work, I wanted to share...
  5. Man trans issue on 04’ FX4 4.0

Hello, I was hoping for some insight on potential issues with my trans before dropping everything and spending cash where it’s not needed. I recently left for a road trip. Checked all fluids, everything was good. I felt like my usual shifter flop to check I was in neutral before starting the...
  6. Explorer Leafs+ 04 Ranger = Awesome

Hey all, been a long time lurker and have owned a few rangers over the years. Wanted to chime in an post a fresh update to my experience throwing on some explorer leafs onto my (new to me) 2004 FX4 4.0 4x4. I searched a lot prior to this and my experience differed from what I read everywhere, so...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad