• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. squeaks

98 ranger 2.5 ,5 spd.....really squeaky front end.after lubing it still squeaks alot...any ideas?
  2. timing belt

Timing belt change interval according to Gates Belts is 120,000 miles for a 1998 2.5 Ranger.
  3. Timing belt

Is this really necessary every 60,000 miles? How much trouble is it to change?
  4. Front end squeaks

98 Ranger 2.5,5 speed front end REALLY Squeaks loudly....no grease fittings..Ball joints????
  5. oil drail

What size is oil drain plug on 98 2.5 5spd........?
  6. 98 brakes

Is this pretty straight forward or are there any gotchas waiting for me. I have done a fair amount of pad replacements and have not been stumped yet.
  7. ABS Light

I didn't realize it but a malfunctioning brake light switch will cause your ABS light to come on in some circumstances. I replaced the switch and the light went out.
  8. Brake light switch

Any way to adjust switch....I have to really mash the pedal to activate lights.....
  9. ABS Light came on after brake light replacement

Will unhooking the battery clear my ABS light or will I need a "professional" dealer/shop to clear my light?
  10. Spark Knock

I'm getting alot of spark knock as soon as the weather around here has gotten warmer. Is it the winter fuel or my truck? It doesn't knock when it's cooler out or when the truck is not quite warmed up.
  11. Mustang Drivetrain Into 98 Ranger

Any one done this?:icon_twisted:........just wondering.........
  12. Spark Knock At Freeway Speeds

Knocks at freeway speeds and sometimes when pulling in 4th gear too....I have heard that the EGR could be dirty or the lines running to it?
  13. Brake light switch

I installed a new brake light switch on my 98 ranger and i think you have to mash the pedal too hard to get the lights to work. Is there any adjustment?
  14. ABS Again

Light will go out when I park and will stay off upon re-start and will come on again only after I have started moving about 100 yards or so. Fluid is full and there is no change in the braking,just the light........It has rear ABS only and I replaced the sensor but to no avail. Ideas?
  15. ABS Light

Came on so I replaced the sensor on rear end of truck. Light remained on. Do I have to get it cleared like a CEL? Local stealer wants $59.95 to read code and clear. Any way I can do this free?
  16. Maf Maybe

I have a 98 2.5 that will not idle on it's own till it's warmed up. After warm up it will idle but any attempt to give it any gas will cause it to stumble and shake and eventually cut-off. If I unplug the MAF sensor it will run fine. I'm asuming the MAF is bad. Any ideas? I incorrectly assumed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad