• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. superj

4.0L High Output ??

Had to, my wife's was a 95 so googly is off on her dates
  2. superj

having some trouble

But, check whatnshran said too, as it can be that too
  3. superj

having some trouble

Its a common trait of the transmission. You can read the same thing all over all the forums. My 04 does it also. Just shift it to second and back. I have 217000 on mine
  4. superj

4.0L High Output ??

And i was wrong. 91-94 is what google said. To differentiate between the renix and chrysler engines
  5. superj

4.0L High Output ??

6. superj

4.0L High Output ??

Jeeps had an ho version of the 4.0. Some 95+ cherokees had 4.0 with high output under the numbers. My wife had a 95 sport eith the heavy duty cooling system, brakes, and tow package that cane with that badge
  7. superj

Just a little more power needed

Yup, your oversized wheels and tires are messing you up
  8. superj

Just a little more power needed

Welcome!! Is your truck a 2300? I would look at your axle's diff ratio. That is an easy way to make it feel faster and handle hills better
  9. superj

Ford Fusion seat swap?

You can usually find these seats for about 100 bucks a set
  10. superj

Ford Fusion seat swap?

I would think its fairly easy. That seat is also in the escape and focus, so its a common comfortable seat. I have focus st seats in the garage to out in my ranger. Not the st3 recaros, the st1 cloth black and grey that look just like the escape seats but have st stitched in red. They match...
  11. superj

89 2.9l V6 with ambiguous parking brake issue

The bottom part of the shoe will push ouwarfs agaunst the drum when the parking brake is applied. Don't push the regular brakes with the drum off or you will be in a whole world or trouble though
  12. superj

Ford motorsport finned aluminum diff cover clone

Yes. I ended up doing rhe thumb over the hole. I tried backing the plug out to just a thread or two holding it and putting teflon but that didnt work. So, i pulled the pluf and put my thimb over the hole and then rolled out some teflon tape and rolled the plug over it to wrap the plug. Than i...
  13. superj

My 87 Ranger I will be restoring soon I want to keep track of my progress and add information as I find it.

replacing that switch is probably not terribly hard. looks like a pull the guts out of the column from behind the steering wheel type of deal
  14. superj

Driveline Fitment

nice. i would not try it since i am the grinder and bench guy, ha ha ha. i suppose that didn't come across well enough in my post, rereading the "serious machine shop stuff" post. i should have put some more wording in their so it didn't seem like i was putting yall down. it was not supposed...
  15. superj

Ford motorsport finned aluminum diff cover clone

thats what would be best but i would have to find another plug. i am not sure if its the same size as something off the wall the oriellys or autozone. the plugs are huge, i used a t50 torx to install them and the hole is probably an inch across
  16. superj

Question about suspension stiffness

you can just get the springs. i know rough country has improved their springs alot in the last 12 years. i have had them on some lifted cherokees and had friends put them on their wranglers and stiff riding was never a complaint i heard. they used to have an issue with the springs sagging over...
  17. superj

Lets vote where we should do a little meet & greet for the SoCal peeps

thats what i remember about riverside and corona back when i was in jr high and high school (late 80s/early 90s), all the car groups always meeting at the parks and cruising the streets. we would go to the city park in corona and watch the low rider trucks and than could watch all the car clubs...
  18. superj

Car audio brands- what's junk, whats good enough?

my kids found an old 8" bass tube in a used car they bought and once i told them what it was, they loved it. its probably still in the garage because when they sold the car, they kept it
  19. superj

Driveline Fitment

that sounds like serious machine shop stuff. not stuff to be done with the grinder on the bench, ha ha ha
  20. superj

2.0L ('83-'88) Coolant hose to intake

and the hoses into the radiator and leaving hte radiator are the same temp? which in turn makes the gage read high? have you actually had it overheat and blow coolant or the gage is just saying its hot? hopefully just the gage it gets hot at slow speeds/sitting, on the highway and speeds...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad