• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need help

Replaced the tailgate striker bushings twice already they keep breaking ( Like after closing the gate twice ) is there a trick to adjusting the strikers? It seems I must not be getting them to the right spot when I tighten down really don't want to take it to a body shop for this
  2. Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

Looking around online i saw someone else said they had this problem and it ended up being the gaps on his plugs not being set right just throwing that out there for ya he had a 4.0 liter. He said it smoothed right out for him...
  3. Rear washer motor?

Thanks I was fixing to pull the back light out duh i know its in there somewhere not the most important thing right now it is my drivers side mirror wind keeps moving it one of those black swivel deals bought a dorman mirror rock auto had it listed, doesn't swivel on a ball joint though i don't...
  4. Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

Better fix for the access panel is to go to the junkyard take your cutout with you and cut out a new piece about an inch bigger all the way around (lay yours on the other deck so lines match up) from a junker then use short sheet metal screws. and some non hardening silicone. Lot more solid if...
  5. Rear washer motor?

Yes I found the fill plug for the rear via a large pic online. Put some fluid in still hear the motor running but no dice.prob should pull hose off sprayer to see if sprayer is plugged Got my ac working today though !! I have to wonder how long this sat. When I replaced the front washer motor...
  6. Rear washer motor?

I searched on here first, I can't seem to find any info. There seems to be a rear washer motor, I just replaced the front one in the reservoir, I can hear the thing humming away when I hit the rocker switch for the rear wipers. Probably not the most important thing, it must be a booster? sounds...
  7. Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

here is a thread someone is talking same thing. Carburetor though and different car https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105659 Probably other threads out there too
  8. Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

Did you get the six pack of injectors for 60 bucks on Amazon? I could not get myself to buy them I had same issue and got Standard Motor Products injectors. They are several different specs too, my old injectors had a code stamped on them I had to match up with the ones on Rock Auto mine was an...
  9. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

Update vehicle is running super. Had a bit of shake in it before I think it was a miss and the new injectors fixed it power is awesome. I used Standard Motor Products injectors, was lucky to have original Ford injectors in the car still so they got matched up to the right ones. No more oil leaks...
  10. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

Thanks for the reply. The previous owner let the covers leak too long plus power steering line leak. cleaning was not an option. Motor will run cooler not covered in sludge. I replaced the injectors just because they looked original. 1989 was a long time ago. still not up and running replacing...
  11. Engine stutters at about 3K RPM

Mine was/is doing that too same thing. Have not had it running yet since valve covers and new injectors. have leaky PS lines that need replaced before i run it. I noticed my throttle body the butterfly is very dirty probably backside too so I will clean that too. Linkage to TB looks like no one...
  12. Engine will shut off when hot and wont start back up?

That looks cool. I don't see how they could be very well attached to the distributor though.wonder if you could gut the old TFI module and solder the wires inside somehow and re-bolt it. It is designed to be stuck in those female sockets solid, not just wires and spades hanging around.
  13. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

Shop vac. Thanks I was wondering how to keep the stuff from falling in. Awesome. I was poking around online and saw the razor thing already.
  14. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

I guess i took off more than the throttle body some kind of intake 3 gaskets need replaced they look tough to get off. Upper intake. The old gaskets look like they are stuck on really good. waiting on a haynes manual. just got this vehicle
  15. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

thanks
  16. Doing Valve Covers Few Questions

1) So today I started the arduous and daunting task of replacing these things. Electrical Connectors are brittle broke 1 keeper leg on three connectors including an alternator connector, main wire. Anyone think putting a thin coat of blue silicone around male connector would help ? 2) I was in...
  17. 86 B2 refuses to run right at 20k miles

I am new here but I don't see that you replaced the TFI control module? It seems from all I have read those are very troublesome on these.Especially with the missing prob. Coil replaced as well? I would assume that not having correct voltage spark or intermittent could make it seem as if stuff...
  18. Question about 4*4

Thanks, will see, I noticed these rims used to have weights on outside, now they have the adhesive ones inside only had it for a week they are new tires. They certainly did not clean the inside of the rims very well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad