• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99_3.0

Front Bumper Brackets

Been a while since I've been on the forum! I sold my F150 a while ago and I picked up another 03 Ranger. I'm going to be fabbing up another front bumper for it and was wondering if anybody knew of a company that makes custom front bumper brackets. I had bought some before that worked great but...
  2. 99_3.0

New body mounts

Was wondering what size the hole is for the body mount on an 03 Ranger. Not the bolt size but the for the upper bushing half in the mount itself. Any insight would be awesome! :D
  3. 99_3.0

Found a bed mount light bar

As the title says I found one that doesn't have the kickers that go down into the bed, saving a ton of space. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-and-Winch-Mounts/Go-Rhino-Xtreme-Rack-Sport-Bar.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=360&t_pt=7253&t_pl=3334 Thought i'd share for the people who wanted...
  4. 99_3.0

Light bar question

I've got a pretty good question to ask some knowledgeable people! :icon_thumby: So I've been wondering if a Carr low-profile light bar would work with a Kchilites gutter kit, 7536. Also if that gutter kit would work on an 03 Ranger. Would the mounts work? I'd just get the Kc light bar but it's...
  5. 99_3.0

front mount receiver

I'm in the process of making a front receiver on my 03 ranger. I've got pretty much everything figured out except one issue. I can't decide whether or not to drill out the 5/16ths holes on the bottom of the frame for some bigger bolts. I have grade 8 bolts that will fit. There would be 4 of...
  6. 99_3.0

issues

Got a 03 ranger with brake issues. Passenger side front brake is giving me hell. Its got new pads in it. Now for some reason the rotor is rubbing/ contacting the caliper bracket. It makes one hell of a bad sound. I have tightened the caliper bracket down and rechecked it. I've held the tire on...
  7. 99_3.0

3rd brake light

I am trying to figure out why my truck doesn't have cargo lights installed in the 3rd brake light housing. It doesn't even have the wiring for them or the sockets for the bulbs themselves. My other truck had them but it just didn't work. Is it a factory option to have the cargo lights installed...
  8. 99_3.0

99 Xlt aka "The Red PowerRanger"

Basically stock 99 Xlt Ranger. 3 inch PA body lift, belltech 6400's out back with a Mazda B4k rear axle, torsion twist up front to match. 4.10 gearing with a limited slip in back. The front bumper has the stock bumper with a tube in the middle, the tube is just a 20 inch piece of 2x3 rectangular...
  9. 99_3.0

Welding Advice

I have a few questions about using my new $130 dollar (WOOOHOO) welder effectively. It's a Northern Tool 125, 110 volt flux cored wire feed. It has the ability to run .030 or .035. I've been using the .030 that came with it and have had pretty good results. It will penetrate 1/8th inch steel...
  10. 99_3.0

99 Ranger skid plate

I'm in the process of having a skidplate made for my truck. It's 1/8th inch steel and bolts to the bottom mounts of the tow hooks and goes back to the torsion key cover. It's 20 inches wide and has one bend in it so it will sit under the IFS crossmember. It's on the cheap too as it'll only be...
  11. 99_3.0

64 inch and shackle flip question

I was reading up the tech article about it. In the bottom pictures where the suspension is at full droop, when the shackle contacts the bottom of the hanger, wouldn't that create leverage where the shackle bolts to the hanger? Would this be enough of an issue to break anything? I suppose the...
  12. 99_3.0

Starting problem

I've been having a problem starting my truck the past week or so. If I leave it overnight the battery is always dead. The battery will have enough power to turn the dash lights on dim but not enough to crank it over. The truck never dies after it is started, just when it has sat. I haven't had...
  13. 99_3.0

Quick question

Quick question about 15x10 inch rims on a 99 ranger with 1.5 inch torsion twist and 3 inch pa body lift. what backspacing would i need to fit a 31x10.50 on a 15x10 rim to not rub excessively? standard backspace of 3.75 or so? thanks in advance
  14. 99_3.0

Audio time!

I have 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch DVC subs in seperate boxes. I also have a Rockford Fosgate A2 500 watt amplifier. I have a question about wiring all this. Driver side sub will be named D1 and pass side will be named P1. Power from the amp goes to the pos. and neg. on D1. From there wiring goes...
  15. 99_3.0

8.8 time!

I'm going to go look at an 8.8 out of a ranger at a pull yard tomorrow. It has 4.10 gears and a limited slip. I don't know what year it is or how many miles are on it. I'm replacing my 7.5 with this 8.8 on Friday, hopefully. I'll be pulling the diff. cover and checking the fluid for metal...
  16. 99_3.0

Fab question

I am in the process of making my own rear tube-bumper. All that is left now is paint. What would you recommend as a primer and paint brand? I have my heart set on flat black. What would you recommend for sanding and prep? Thanks in advance. :beer:
  17. 99_3.0

Torsion Bar crank

When you cranked your torsion bars, how much resistance did you have? I jacked up the front so that the tires were about 3 inches off the ground. Jacked up on the tow hook, and put a jackstand on each frame rail really close to the front. Sprayed both torsion bar adjuster bolts with pb blaster...
  18. 99_3.0

chevy drop shackles

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=BEL%2D6400&N=700+400013+4294908216+4294924677+115&autoview=sku Approximately how much would these chevy drop shackles lift a 99 ranger? They're for a 88-98 chevy 1500
  19. 99_3.0

3 inch lift

www.wheelsnparts.com has a 3 inch lift torsion key setup along with either 1 or 2 inch lift shackles. Im going to order the torsion key and either 1 or 2 inch shackles. If I get an add-a-leaf from www.fatbobsgarage.com (1.5-2.5 in lift) and a 2 inch lift shackle, will it hurt if the back is...
  20. 99_3.0

Battery question

I just had to jump start somebody lately with my booster pack and it got me thinking. I just put subs in my truck, 8 guage power wire and a 50 amp fuse. My booster pack has 450 c.c.a. Will those amps go through my power wire and kill my fuse every time I jump start my truck? Can I just pull the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad