• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Can't get Engine Running codes

Nope, no difference in how the engine runs.
  2. Can't get Engine Running codes

Same result. No lights on the tester when I hook up the jumper. I'm hooking it up like this, but using a 12V test light in place of a meter. https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/images/eec-iv_testing1.gif Connecting this way I get codes with KOEO, but not Engine Running codes
  3. Can't get Engine Running codes

Okay. I've had everything hooked up, then started the engine. Looks like I need to have the engine running (and up to temp), then connect the jumper. I'll give it a shot.
  4. Can't get Engine Running codes

So I recently finished the 4.0 swap into my 84 Bronco II. Okay, I'll be honest, and say I'm not finished. It's running and driving and putting a constant smile on my face when behind the wheel (what a HUGE improvement over the 2.8!!), but I still have wiring to clean up and gauges to get...
  5. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

Thanks, @franklin2. The ammeter did work with the 2.8L. I'm using the 4.0L alternator and wiring. Is there a way to get this working? Will the 4.0L temp sensor/switch work with the 84 gauge?
  6. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

I spent time this weekend trying to get gauges working in the dash. I'm wanting to keep all of the original gauges in my 84 Bronco II. I installed the oil pressure sensor from my 2.8L into the 4.0L, so that one was pretty easy (though it's only working intermittently). However, I'm not getting...
  7. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

WooooHoooo! Fixed! My wife even took it out for it's first spin tonight since the motor swap. I hope to get the second drive tomorrow. So my relay problem ended up being a ground issue, as you all led me to. Specifically, PCM ground. So who's up for a game of "Name That Connector"...
  8. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

pc = PCM? You need to go a little slower with me 🤔
  9. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

Yep, this is all from the '92 Explorer. EEC relay is working and sending 12V to the fuel pump relay on the red wire. The EEC grounding the other side of the fuel pump relay may be my issue.
  10. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

Fuses are good. Even with key off I'm getting 12V to the fuel pump relay on the yellow wire, as I should. I pulled the relay out and put a jumper in the block, and the fuel pump kicked right on. So why isn't it closing when triggered by the power from the eec relay? I would think it's a bad...
  11. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

Well, ran this test this evening. No welding or fireworks, but also no change. I've gone back a few steps - the fuel pump relay isn't closing. Eec relay is closing and sending voltage to the fuel pump relay, but voltage isn't going through it.
  12. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

If anyone's going to be guilty of redgreen repairs, it's probably going to be me. Just to clarify... Unplug the capacitor, run a jumper wire with 12V to the wire I unplugged from the capacitor, then jump the starter solenoid?
  13. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

I'll need some instructions... Where are the pdb diode and noise capacitor?
  14. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

I think it was exposed out of the split loom just through the process of the engine swap. The loom is brittle, so weaving it down into position I probably broke the loom some. I did ohm the two wires from the crank position sensor back to the edis, and they checked out.
  15. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

It was bare wire, with the foil shielding around it and the other two insulated wires going down to the crank position sensor.
  16. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

With the pos lead on the Y wire and the com lead on the red wire, it reads positive voltage.
  17. 84 B2 2.8L swap to 92 4.0L - transmission and wiring questions

I think I'm getting closer, but still having troubles. Bronco is currently dead in the water, with no eec relay closure. Last night I had it running with the intention of getting it up to temp and checking engine run codes. While it was warming up I noticed a coolant leak from the water neck...
  18. JCR Jeep Comanche Bumper on 1st Gen Ranger

@bbbc3 What front bumper is that? I have a 84 BII and would like to have something up front as an attachment point. Yours looks nice!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad