• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front Driveline noise?

After the recent blizzard we had here in VA, the stock hubs (I thought) started popping and clicking so I replaced them with some new Warns. Today we got some more snow and my wife took the truck (1st mistake) and she described the same sound. When she home I took the truck out and it is in...
  2. Fuel Tank

Filled my truck up today and gas started pouring out from the fuel tank (area) running down and off the skid plate. So I am assuming its either the sending unit or the tank its self since it stopped leaking after a couple seconds. My confusion lies in which tank I need. Alldata says my tank...
  3. Heater Core cover/plenum

Hopefully this is in the correct section. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could buy the cover for the heater core. When I replaced my heater core a few months back the damn plastic plenum cracked when removing it. I tried duct taping but that didnt patch the hole. I checked the local...
  4. What Brand?

My hubs are currently clicking and I'm looking at either the warn hubs or mile marker hubs. I do occational off roading and snow! Which would you recomend?
  5. Hub Problem?

I noticed the other day after a hunting trip one of my manual hubs making a noise. It was in the locked position with 4wd off. It sounded kinda of like a penny in a can or tumbling around in a drier. Is the hub going bad, or just in need of some lube?
  6. Kinda New Car

I just bought a 98 Ford Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor. Fun car for as large as it is. Though I am having one small problem. Last night I was driving home and noticed that when I was going up a hill and slightly pressed on the gas the car would shudder when going from O/D to 3rd gear. It...
  7. BBQ Beer

So I had a fun morning. Went out to start the truck for work and as it started I smelled gas really bad. Got out to check to see if the 87 fuel "filter" canister I had just replaced was leaking. Nope, no leak there. Look towards the front and gas is free flowing from the engine bay. I...
  8. Oil on Hoses?

I have an 87 Ranger STX 2.9 with a manual transfer case. I noticed while I was fixing another problem that there are rubber lines coming out the drivers side of the transfer case. The bad part is that there is fluid all over them? Does this mean my transfer case is leaking, or the vents are...
  9. Symptoms of ECM Coolant Temp Sensor?

Just as the title suggest what are the most common problems to a faulty ECM Coolant Temp sensor?
  10. Wire Game....

My turn signals quit working and kept popping the fuse so I have pulled the dash and steering column apart. I replaced the switch as I was having problems with the headlights as well. Anyway my question is this, facing the dash there are two connectors going into the cluster. The one on the...
  11. TS fuse poppage.

Hey guys have a couple questions for you. I have an 87 Ranger 2.9 STX 4x4. The other day I noticed the turn signals werent working and it turned out the fuse had popped. So I put a new one in and it popped as soon as I tried the signals. So I tore the the dask down to access the lights and...
  12. Canister filter leak

87 Ranger STX 2.9. My canister is leaking, I guess the damn O-ring fell apart or something, I havent taken it off yet to check it. I did put some epoxy around the seam which held for about 3 weeks then started leaking again. Is there any reason I cant take the o ring from an 86 fuel filter...
  13. Idle and Driving Problems

I've been chasing this problem for awhile. Once and awhile when I first start the truck in the morning it will lope while idling for a minute or two before it smooths out. While driving if I let off the gas as the truck starts to coast it feels like the truck is lurching or missing. I ran...
  14. Code 31

So I ran a KOEO, and KOER test on the 2.9 today. Dont remember which test yielded the 31, pretty sure it was the KOER test. Anyway, I had a code 33, so I replaced the gummed up and very nasty EGR valve, 3 days ago, with a new one. Today I have a code 31. Any ideas, and what is the proper way...
  15. TFI question.

I understand it matters if I have A/C or not when and if I have to replace my TFI. Does this mean; is my A/C currently installed, or did the truck at one point have A/C? I took the A/C compressor out when I dropped the new motor in.
  16. Axle Pivot Bushing

Do I really have to remove the axle to replace the axle pivot bushing on my 87 STX 4x4?
  17. Gas Smell?

For the past week or so I have been smelling gasonline when I drive the truck. Typically it is the worst after I fill up. I've checked the fuel lines going to the pump and filters on the rail and everything looks pretty good. I did put a new fuel filter on a few weeks ago. Is it likely...
  18. Emergency Brakes

How much is involved in replacing the passenger side rear parking brake cable? I have a subscription to Alldata, and Haynes manuals but neither provides any information.
  19. Unknown line off rear axle

I have an 87 Ranger STX supercab 4x4. The rear diff is stock, I was under changing rear shocks today and noticed a line coming out of the rear drivers side axle. It looped around and near the parking brake line and then found itself clipped to the frame, I noticed at the end of it nothing is...
  20. Alignment Problem or Parts?

I have an 87 Ranger STX. If I am driving down any type of road at any speed and let go of the steering wheel the wheel turns to the right and the truck starts tracking that way. Before I spend 80 bux on a front end alignment, does this sound like its simply out of align. or that part of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad