• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. infantry grunt

who do you buy from

Im getting ready to reload.l would like to know who you buy from, and what you buy, as far as reloading primers and powder.lm shooting 30-06 165gr factory load by remington.l would like to keep the load close to their specs as it shoots well in my rifle.Some useful info on new brass would be...
  2. infantry grunt

broken trigger blade

My rem. 700 just finished drying after painting, when the action and barrel fell and landed on the trigger.lt broke the blade in half.l have turned my shop upside down and end to end looking for the other half, and cannot find it.l dont know what to do, l cant afford a trigger pack anytime...
  3. infantry grunt

reloading newbie

Can someone recommend a good reloading book for starters.l will be reloading 30-06 for now.l have not bought any components to start a kit yet, because l want to learn more about it first.Open to suggestions, thanks.
  4. infantry grunt

Best buy for scope

Ready to buy a new scope now,bushnell banner 4-16x40.I have checked alot of prices on line for the best deal,but would like to know where yall shop,just to make sure I dont miss a good deal,or get caught up with poor customer service.What are yalls experiences,good or bad.
  5. infantry grunt

Fab your own ext. radius arms

Im thinking of extending my radius arms via welder and some bolt stock along with some steel to reinforce/strengthen the area.What is yalls opinion on this,adding some bolt stock on top of the radius arms where it mounts to the radius arm brackets,and making the stud longer.I have a good welder...
  6. infantry grunt

Thanks To All

I just finished getting my gears installed on my truck,and cant believe it has come this far.I bought it in 2007 and started building it from there.Though I know one will never finish building a truck or car,because their is always something else you can do to it,but as far as the hard to do...
  7. infantry grunt

searched an found nothing

A well known mechanic in my area is installing 4.56 gears in a 99 8.8 31 spline open diff,and says the c clips will not fit back in the axles because of the G2 ring gear is too thick.Has anyone had this problem before,or does this sound accurate?I havent seen it myself,he explained it to me over...
  8. infantry grunt

3.0 owners,did you know

This may be old news to yall,if so disregard.I just found JBA S/S shorty headers on amazon for $414,versus the other $600 pair they sell,just thought I would share that,and again it may be old news to yall but I just found out
  9. infantry grunt

searched 2 days and nothing

I am trying to find a Timken bearing for my D35 passenger side axle shaft(at the diff).Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me the Timken p/n
  10. infantry grunt

calling on the RBV community again

Thanks to all for helping me decide on a rifle(saying the word rifle,I hope is still legal,jk),anyways.Looking to upgrade to another scope over the factory scope. The scope will be going on a Rem.700 in 30-06.I will also be doing alot of range shooting,predator hunting,and cant...
  11. infantry grunt

need help deciding

I have read alot of reviews and have mixed feelings about the rifle I am about to buy,a .308 770 remington.I am looking for an accurate bolt action in .308,30 06,or .270,and may consider a used rifle from a pawnshop.I will be hunting coyote,doing alot of range shooting,and cant to spend more...
  12. infantry grunt

curious

So the NICS turned me down on a 30-06 even though I passed a back ground check(no criminal background),has anyone got any experience as a gunsmith?I was thinkin it would be cool to build a single shot rifle,thats accurate.Like a break barrel maybe,I dont want to get too complicated.And what...
  13. infantry grunt

advice needed

I have brand new 4.56 gears w/master install kits sitting in my basement for almost 2yrs.I want to install them my self but,I dont want to mess anything up,as I have never done this.I have rebuilt 3 engines before and many other jobs,I am compitent,but dont know if im capable.I have done ALOT of...
  14. infantry grunt

A/C compressor into air supply comp.

Has any one ever converted your A/C comp. into an air comp. for an on board air supply,not something i would use alot,maybe to air up a flat offroading etc.I heard its been done but having trouble finding useful info on how to convert it
  15. infantry grunt

shop press

anyone ever built your own shop press?i want to,but would like some useful tips or info.i will be using 4'' angle 1/8 thick,and a bottle jack,but not sure how big.i also have round steel floor supports from the ceiling to the floor about 6'' diameter,id like to weld the press to it.any ideas...
  16. infantry grunt

Attention to all

Memorial Day is just over a week away.I used to think of this day as a paid holiday from work,barbeque,and alcohol,but i see it differently now.I would like to mention some names of men i served with that this day belongs to: SFC Stanciel;SGT Fernandez;PFC Setzler;SGT Scatliffe of OIF...
  17. infantry grunt

how to safely remove surface rust

My nephew purchased some 18in. chrome wheels with some surface rust,and i need some help as how to clean them up without damaging the chrome.I am not very educated in wheels,but they appear to be alluminum chrome plated,i believe,any advice will be appreciated...
  18. infantry grunt

prep for paint

I done some research in the tech section and didnt see anything about what to use to clean a primed and sanded surface before i shoot the paint,can anyone experienced help,please?I used Rustoleum's primer/surfacer,and the paint is Rustoleum's silver(not in the aerosal cans)oil based enamel.
  19. infantry grunt

my truck is leaning to one side

I have a 94 B3000 with 4inch skyjacker kit,using the upper holes in the drop down brackets,and blocks in the rear,also have 3inch body lift.It leans to the drivers side really bad,im thinkin its because of the gas tank or weak leaf springs,i dont know.Maybe one of yall have had the same...
  20. infantry grunt

still waiting

i bought a 4in. skyjacker lift kit through summit racing 4mos ago.i am still waiting for my brackets.they keep telling me skyjacker is having to build the brackets,and will still be another month.has any one heard this before,or am i being jerked around by summit.i am tired of waiting.any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad