• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dancron

M50D Chirping and Squealing

When I start my truck on cold mornings I get a chirping noise from the clutch. When depressing the clutch is beings to squeal. After driving for a short period of time (minute or less) the noises go away. Anyone have an idea on what this is or if i should be concerned? The truck is a 99 Ranger...
  2. dancron

1991 Ranger 3.0 Excessive Smoke

About a year ago I purchased a 1991 Ford Ranger 3.0. The truck ran fine but I noticed it was smoking excessively from the tailpipe with a pungent gasoline odor. Then the truck occasionally wouldn't start. I performed some routine maintenance with no luck. Brought it to my local mechanic and was...
  3. dancron

2.5 Pinging

At wit's end with this issue. My 98 ranger 2.5 pings at highway speeds and I can't seem to resolve the issue. So far I've replaced the entire EGR system, plugs, wires, MAF sensor and 180F stat with no results. Can anyone point me in a direction from here? Thanks
  4. dancron

91 3.0 Won't Start

Hey guys I need a little help. My girlfriend's 91 3.0 ford ranger won't start/run. When I try to start it the truck cranks and kinda starts but quickly sputters out. I can hear the fuel pump when I turn the key. Also the fuel inertia switch is in the down position. Any ideas? My girlfriend drove...
  5. dancron

1999 Ranger

So two years ago I purchased a 1999 2.5L 5-speed ranger for a daily. I intended to not put any money into the truck aside from repairs. Sure enough all that has changed. Here is a list of modifications as of now; Suspension and Wheel's: •Firestone Winterforce Tires •Early 90s Ford Deer Hoof...
  6. dancron

Alternator Brand Suggestions?

Hey guys, A couple weeks ago my daily (1999 Ranger XL 2.5L) developed a squeal. Upon further inspection it appears that it is coming from the alternator bearings. What brands of alternator would you suggest to replace it with? With a 50 mile round trip commute a day I would rather not get stuck...
  7. dancron

5R44E 1st gear whine?

After fixing almost every clunk and rattle in my truck I've noticed a 1st gear whine. I do remember my buddy's 2002 ranger making the same noise and it had a new trans in it. Is this just the 1st gear or should I get it looked at? I was going to change the fluid in less then 2k anyway.
  8. dancron

cant stop the squeak!!

My front end has been squeaking for awhile but it just got a lot louder. Finally found that it was coming from my upper control arm. I put some bearing oil in it to hopefully stop it but didnt do anything -____- Any ideas?
  9. dancron

2005 Ranger Edge Build

So I've been working on my ranger for awhile and finally decided to make a build thread. I bought it April 2009 and with what money I've had I started building. It is 2wd and has a 3.0 (will be a 5.0 one day). Also came with a 8.8 with 4.10s :beer: bone stock First thing I added was a set a...
  10. dancron

Lifting the rear even more?

So i have a spindle lift on my truck with torsion bar suspension, and i have the factory 2in blocks that came with the truck and belltech shackles. I just put in the spindles last weekend but the front end went up 5.5 inches instead of 3.5 so I had to lower the torsion bars back down. The...
  11. dancron

compressor for painting/air tools

I'm trying to decide on a compressor to buy for my garage so I can start learning how to paint and can also handle air tools. I was looking at a 2.5 hp, 10 gallon, 125psi compressor, that delivers at 5.3 SCFM @ 90 psi and 6.2 SCFM @ 40psi. Would i need a bigger one or is this just fine? What...
  12. dancron

5R44E to 5R55E swap?

Has anyone ever done this before? I know the bell housing would have to be swapped but that shouldn't be bad. Would the 5R44E torque converter still have to be used? Also I would assume that the wiring is the same but you never know. Also computer wise whats the difference?
  13. dancron

kill switch installation

Im planning on installing a kill switch in my 2005 ranger, i want to run it through the fuel inertia switch with a rocker switch. There is two wires to the switch a pink/black wire and a green/yellow wire, which one should i break to put the switch in and would a 25 amp rocker switch be enough...
  14. dancron

Fabtech camber kit question

I have a 2005 ranger with torsion bar front suspension, and i just got my fabtech spindle lift in today. The installation looks pretty easy but it didn't come with and instructions for the camber kit. I'm thinking they would go on the upper control arms just by replacing the bolts. Would the...
  15. dancron

Fabtech Spindle Lift Fitment Help, NJ/NY

So I plan on getting the fabtech spindle lift for my truck this summer but I got a problem, my wheels are 16" with 4" backspacing. They recommend on a 15" wheel with 3 3/4 bs. I contacted fabtech to see if they would fit and they told me idk try it out -___- So if anyone has a similar set up or...
  16. dancron

Trans temp gauge

I've been thinking about getting a temp gauge for my trans Its a 5R44E When checking it out there appears to be a plug that could be removed and maybe fit with the sending unit for the gauge This little guy Would it be a good idea and does anyone know the size of the treads? And what kinda of...
  17. dancron

wheel spacers?

Picked up some free wheel spacers from my friend who sold his jeep. They are 1 1/4, and i dont really have any reason to put them on just besides for shits and giggles. Would they have any adverse effects on my truck? Its a 2wd with 75k
  18. dancron

crazy bounce

My rear and front end of the truck start bouncing like crazy from the waves in the highway by where i live when I'm doing like 60-75ish. When i get on the throttle the bouncing goes away. I'm thinking the shocks are blown. They are the original 05 shocks and i have the torsion bars cranked 1...
  19. dancron

squeakkkky

Changed the alternator on my girlfriends 06 explorer a couple months back. She asked me to find a cheep one so i got a 10$ one from my dads buddies junkyard. Thing works great but ever since I changed it the truck squeaks when it wants to (which is about 60% of the time). Anyway to fix this or...
  20. dancron

floppy door?

When driving and hitting bumps my door sounds loose. I went through and tightened every hinge, bolt, and screw and no difference. Anyone else have this problem, and how can i fix it? Possible new door latch? :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad