• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lifting the rear even more?

dancron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
So i have a spindle lift on my truck with torsion bar suspension, and i have the factory 2in blocks that came with the truck and belltech shackles. I just put in the spindles last weekend but the front end went up 5.5 inches instead of 3.5 so I had to lower the torsion bars back down. The question is can i get away with also putting a add-a-leaf in the back too or is that too much on top of the blocks and shackles?

before it was lowered

after everything was adjusted

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
An add-a-leaf should't hurt the shackles and blocks at all. Just be ready for a much stiffer ride with the aal and blocks.

A question for you, how does your truck perform with the 32's and the 3.0? What gears do you have? And is yours an auto or a manual?

dancron

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Im also worried about the drive shaft, it should be ok right? I love the 32s but the 4.10s are a little slugish, my next thing on my to do list is 4.56 gears and a l/s

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals